Re-Watched some old wins on YouTube....

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We also shutout FCS Elon 70-0 to open that season.
I was at that game. Hot as Hades it was. A huge mismatch. One thing about playing Tech in that era was if you were a big underdog, you simply could not make any mistakes like getting a punt blocked and passes intercepted which both happened in that game because Tech would be all over you like a swarm of yellow jackets in a heart beat. It was a pretty sad spectacle. A second team linebacker whose name I forget actually intercepted a pass deep in Tech territory and outran their entire team to the goal line. Sad to see.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well … Orwin and Allen maybe. Embry was, however, faster then all of them. And I liked all of them. Especially Godhigh.

Update: I forgot about Lynch and I don't know why. He has to be the best AB on stats alone.
Anthony Allen. A cheerleader who happened to be a Sunday school student for me in church, remarked how smart he was in math. High praise given she graduated cum laude and was an A student in high school. He transferred to Tech from Louisville and for one memorable year was at A back while Bey Bey was at wide receiver. Imagine big Anthony Allen at 230 coming around with Big Bey Bey blocking for him. Borderline illegal.

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
Which bowl was it where we mauled a G5 type team under Gailey? Tulsa?

I need to rewatch that, because the main thing I remember is our defense hitting their QB over and over and over.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at that game. Hot as Hades it was. A huge mismatch. One thing about playing Tech in that era was if you were a big underdog, you simply could not make any mistakes like getting a punt blocked and passes intercepted which both happened in that game because Tech would be all over you like a swarm of yellow jackets in a heart beat. It was a pretty sad spectacle. A second team linebacker whose name I forget actually intercepted a pass deep in Tech territory and outran their entire team to the goal line. Sad to see.
Tyler Marcordes...95 yards to the house!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Which bowl was it where we mauled a G5 type team under Gailey? Tulsa?

I need to rewatch that, because the main thing I remember is our defense hitting their QB over and over and over.
Yes. It was the 2004 "Boise (Humanitarian) Bowl" on the blue fake grass in the freeze. That was the game wide P. J. Daniels set the NCAA record for rushing in a bowl game—311 yards. He tore them up one side and down the other. Tech won 52 - 10, largely because they couldn't tackle P. J. Great game.