Re-Watched some old wins on YouTube....

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been killing some time recently watching 2023's wins: So far, I've hit Wake Forest, Miami("in the thick of the night", LOL), and Virginia. Next up for me is Syracuse.

But also, I've been enjoying a few games we had in 2018.

Go back and stream the 2018 Louisville game. The Brian VanGorder Massacre is what is should be called. CPJ had a lot of games where his offense was completely unstoppable, and this one ranks way up there.

Also, the win over VPI in Blacksburg by 49-28 was fun. Rarely is a Bud Foster defense so helpless against the run.

Need to go back and watch Kansas 2011.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I've been killing some time recently watching 2023's wins: So far, I've hit Wake Forest, Miami("in the thick of the night", LOL), and Virginia. Next up for me is Syracuse.

Go back and stream the 2018 Louisville game. The Brian VanGorder Massacre is what is should be called. CPJ had a lot of games where his offense was completely unstoppable, and this one ranks way up there.

Also, the win over VPI in Blacksburg by 49-28 was fun. Rarely is a Bud Foster defense so helpless against the run.

This practice can be very therapeutic.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

dont forget unc, watched that last night. The Louisville and VT games are very memorable for the other team giving upl and wanting the game to end. IN VT game, had some of their fans talking crap, that ended.

Last edited:

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
dont forget unc, watched that last night. The Louisville and VT games are very memorable for the other team giving upl and wanting the game to end. IN VT game, had some of their fans talking crap, that ended.
Yes, I plan to watch Syracuse, then UNC, then UCF. Then, I might dip back into some of the best wins from CPJ, GOL, and Chan. They all had some good moments. It's great to see the program moving back up and being competitive. It's been a long time in the wilderness.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

what about UNC? That was probably the most electric home win we've had in a while! I will rewatch the 4th quarter of that one every few weeks or so.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Games I've been rewatching/watching (some of these predate my birth so I am seeing them for the very first time!)

-UNC 2023
-Syracuse 2023
-Miami 2023
-UNC 2011
-Clemson 2011
-Virginia Tech 2009 (ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY TUUUUURRRRRRRNNNNTT UPPPPPPPP)
-Miami 2008
-FSU 2008
-Notre Dame 2006
-NC State 1990
-Wake Forest 1985
-Clemson 1984
-Alabama 1984

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watch the 2011 Tech - Kansas game regularly. As one of the commentators says, when the O was running well it was like watching a video game. And sure enough it is. I especially like watching Embry Peeples in that game. Paul never had a better AB and he's on display for the whole time. Including some of the best blocks ever thrown by a Tech running back.

Ok, I';m going to watch it again.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watch the 2011 Tech - Kansas game regularly. As one of the commentators says, when the O was running well it was like watching a video game. And sure enough it is. I especially like watching Embry Peeples in that game. Paul never had a better AB and he's on display for the whole time. Including some of the best blocks ever thrown by a Tech running back.

Lordy, that was fun!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

I liked Embry, but I would take Orwin, Roddy, Godhigh, and Anthony Allen first

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
IMPO, it is hard to choose between about 6 of them. Peeples, Jones, Smith, Hill, Godhigh, and Perkins all could both run and block. Several others did well, too. Zenon, Bostic, Snoddy, Andrews, and Searcy were all good runners.

In 2013, Godhigh was the second leading rusher and the leading receiver. His blocking was probably the best of all the ABs we ever had, which is why he got put on scholarship after starting out as a walk on.