President Cabrera's Newsletter March 2024

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Was the rate of change that great or did you take as long to get out as I did?? ;)
Rate of change was fast, I got out early due to joint enrollment my Sr year of HS. I should say that I was actually a quarter late. I entered with 2 quarters of credit and got out only one quarter early.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Other than another curriculum does this have any meaning in the recruitment of athletes? Do these degrees require calculus? Anyone have any thoughts?

Since I have little personal knowledge of this type program, I took a look at the Virginia Tech school of Architecture, Arts and Design to see what majors MIGHT BE developed by GT.

I have attached 3 pages from the VT catalog which shows several degree options on page 2.

Obviously, several of our members believe this program would only be of interest to our female students. I see a couple that may be of interest to male athletes.

Industrial Design, Cinema?? Obviously, we do not know what GT will develop for this program, but hopefully some will be of interest to athletes, male and female.

Attachments

• Architecture, Arts, and Design _ Virginia Tech.pdf
    74.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Since I have little personal knowledge of this type program, I took a look at the Virginia Tech school of Architecture, Arts and Design to see what majors MIGHT BE developed by GT.

I have attached 3 pages from the VT catalog which shows several degree options on page 2.

Obviously, several of our members believe this program would only be of interest to our female students. I see a couple that may be of interest to male athletes.

Industrial Design, Cinema?? Obviously, we do not know what GT will develop for this program, but hopefully some will be of interest to athletes, male and female.
Obviously *only* females? I think not. However, it may draw a significant number of female applicants. We’ll see.

Thank you for your research though.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously *only* females? I think not. However, it may draw a significant number of female applicants. We’ll see.

Thank you for your research though.
My "Only" was too "Absolute". Your phrasing is best!

I have attached what I will call a Fun Fact concerning a certain famous quarterback from Alabama, an Industrial Arts Major. Taken from "Rising Tide"

Attachments

• Joe Namath--Rising Tide.pdf
    343.9 KB · Views: 19

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think what a lot here don't seem to realize is just how big moving and music production are in Georgia. The state took a hit from the pandemic and some of the recent legislation passed from the Gininal Azzembli but the production costs here a low enough that we'll slowly draw the business back. (There's a California-style house in our neighborhood that is used all the time by production companies.) The programs will work for males and females, including some athletes, because there are a load of jobs - usually not all that great, but jobs - generated by film and music in Georgia. Period.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think what a lot here don't seem to realize is just how big moving and music production are in Georgia. The state took a hit from the pandemic and some of the recent legislation passed from the Gininal Azzembli but the production costs here a low enough that we'll slowly draw the business back. (There's a California-style house in our neighborhood that is used all the time by production companies.) The programs will work for males and females, including some athletes, because there are a load of jobs - usually not all that great, but jobs - generated by film and music in Georgia. Period.

"moving and music production"

"legislation passed from the Gininal Azzembli"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that voice to text failed on this one...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: