Predicted depth chart

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
What do you think the depth chart will be for AB, BB, and WR to start the season?
My prediction:
AB: 1) snoddy, 2) lynch, 3) cottrell
AB:1) Ike, 2) searcy, 3) Jarrett
BB: 1)Allen, 2)skov, 3) MLD
WR: 1) summers, 2) philpott
WR: 1) jeune, 2) messick

How do you think this will change over the season?

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, the two questions are:

- Which of the 5 FR AB's will step up (my bet is on Searcy). We need a couple of them to step up for some heavy PT.
- Will Skov or MLD take the job away from Allen? I think Skov will be starter by midseason.

We should know in 43 days.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think you're going to see another rotation situation at BB, with Skov and Allen sharing the load in a ZL/SD way. Skov didn't transfer here to play a couple games and give way to a true FR. But I think it would be really beneficial to break one of the true FR in some in preparation for next year. I bet that one will be MM. I can see MLD crosstraining due to his HS experience at multiple spots.

At AB, I'm guessing that Snoddy and Ike are backed up by Lynch and Searcy. I know everyone is high on the speed of the incoming ABs, but blocking, footwork, and pitch relationships take time to learn.

At WR, Summer is a known quantity, and will carry out his assignments and be sure handed. Whoever can take the top off the D will pair with him. I don't have a clue who that will be.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
What do you think the depth chart will be for AB, BB, and WR to start the season?
My prediction:
AB: 1) snoddy, 2) lynch, 3) cottrell
AB:1) Ike, 2) searcy, 3) Jarrett
BB: 1)Allen, 2)skov, 3) MLD
WR: 1) summers, 2) philpott
WR: 1) jeune, 2) messick

How do you think this will change over the season?

Agree with BB and AB. Would add Oliver as 5th WR. I believe Stewart plays STs and would be the 6th WR, but most PT early goes to Summers, Jeune, and Messick. Philpott may can move to 3rd by UGA game.

We need Searcy at AB in 2015 but unless he shows stardom IMO he moves to D just based on the large numbers at AB who have a much bigger bodies for blocking. T Marshall probably RSs and may end up at QB or D, again based on the numbers and bigger bodies at AB to block. (Benson, Gantt, and Green add to the ABs in 2016 and no way to keep L-Davis, M Marshall, Allen, Weimerskirch, and Leggett at BB with Mills coming).

Our "problems" at running backs and receivers are good problems to have.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think it makes sense to do two AB or two WR positions separate - there always seems to be a rotation.

AB - Snoddy (lock), Willis (I think the experience really does matter), Searcy, Lynch. I bet the fifth spot is for a freshman. I don't see us going 6 deep if it means burning a redshirt, so probably next up is McClellan, who I don't think will play much.

BB - Allen, Skov, frosh. I don't think there will be a clear cut starter between Allen and Skov - I bet they split duties pretty much down the middle. One freshman will emerge I bet. No more, no less.

WR - Summers, Jeune, Messick, Howell, Oliver, Philpott - I bet Philpott emerges by midseason as a solid player and I wouldn't be surprised to see Howell move up the list.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
My predictions*:
  • Clinton Lynch will be this year's most pleasant surprise
  • Omahri Jarrett will make the biggest impact at AB among the freshmen (senior highlight tape is worth watching)
  • If a freshman makes an impact at BB, it will be Marcus Marshall
  • Harland Howell will be the first true freshman to see playing time at WR
(*I reserve the right to be over joyous if/when my predictions turn out to be wrong and 1 of the 10 other new skilled players turns out to be our next freshman all-america)

My Defensive Freshmen Predictions:
  • Tyler Cooksey may start by the end of the year.
  • Vic Alexander should not be allowed within 500 yards of Justin Thomas during practice
  • Dorian Walker.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw where Antonio Simmons is listing himself as 242...that's a big jump for him!:)

His HS film is insane. That man is an athletic freak. He could probably play A-back in our offense. I'm glad to hear he's up to 242. Could see him being our sack leader this year.

My predictions*:
  • Clinton Lynch will be this year's most pleasant surprise
  • Omahri Jarrett will make the biggest impact at AB among the freshmen (senior highlight tape is worth watching)
  • If a freshman makes an impact at BB, it will be Marcus Marshall
  • Harland Howell will be the first true freshman to see playing time at WR
(*I reserve the right to be over joyous if/when my predictions turn out to be wrong and 1 of the 10 other new skilled players turns out to be our next freshman all-america)

My Defensive Freshmen Predictions:
  • Tyler Cooksey may start by the end of the year.
  • Vic Alexander should not be allowed within 500 yards of Justin Thomas during practice
  • Dorian Walker.
Philpot will get playing time before Howell does. It's going to take some time before he matures into his frame and the game. Daren Waller is prime example of Mr.Howell.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20150722_170306.jpg
@Jacketfish. Here is what I saw.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
His HS film is insane. That man is an athletic freak. He could probably play A-back in our offense. I'm glad to hear he's up to 242. Could see him being our sack leader this year.

With the talent we have on d-line, if he is our sack leader this year then we will be kicking butt.