Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If TStans wants an innovative offensive mind he needs to be looking at Matt Canada, Bob DeBesse (who basically invented the Shotgun Option with Willie Fritz), Philip Montgomery, Nick Rolovich, Rich Rodriguez, etc.
Geoff Collins is an innovative head coach also.......................................................just sayin';)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Urban is available after their bowl game. Far less pressure in than OSU. Definitely an innovator, but tons of baggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Innovator hell. He stole Johnson's offense, refused to call it an option because he thought it would hurt recruiting. Johnson took it with a kind of bemused detachment.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think that it too big of a jump in terms hc to go for Collins to go from temple to us. He has done some good things at temple but is only two years. I think his most likely track would be to either stay at temple until they have that one really good season then move P5 or to go to a better G5 job do well then go to P5.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think that it too big of a jump in terms hc to go for Collins to go from temple to us. He has done some good things at temple but is only two years. I think his most likely track would be to either stay at temple until they have that one really good season then move P5 or to go to a better G5 job do well then go to P5.
He’s done really good at Miss St and Florida as a D coordinator so he has P5 experience. GT isn’t about to get a seasoned P5 coach imo.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
He’s done really good at Miss St and Florida as a D coordinator so he has P5 experience. GT isn’t about to get a seasoned P5 coach imo.
Agree on not getting a seasoned P5 but I think we should be able to get a higher G5 coach ie Frost, or Satterfield types. I just think he needs time at a bigger G5 before jumping to us. Since Urban myer is in the news I will use him as an example. He was at BG then Utah and then UF. I think Collins needs that Utah type school before coming to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.