Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did you miss the point of my post? You stated that you would take Collins to make a two-year splash, but Collins has taken the Temple program backwards since being hired. Temple's two 10-win seasons were under Matt Rhule, now at Baylor. Collins is 15-10 at Temple since taking over a program that won 10 games in back-to-back years prior to Collins' hiring. That's not exactly a two-year splash.
I guess so. I thought you were responding to the point of my post, but I guess you were not.

I originally said "Where can I sign up for a 2 year splash now?" That was not intended to imply that I think Geoff Collins is a guaranteed splash. He might be, he might not. Who knows?

Point is, I have no problems with a two year splash hire if it means he leaves before year 3. That's all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
“Athletic director Todd Stansbury will interview five or six candidates, and the decision may not arrive for another week and a half”

Yeah, I’m going to take the over on 200 pages in this thread before a hire.

People may lose their sanity around here because the conspiracy theories will grow wilder, but I'm OK with TStan taking his time. I want the right guy for GT, and if TStan has to turn over a few more rocks, it's OK. Affecting 2019 recruiting class isn't as bad as the negative affects over the next decade of picking the wrong guy for our progam.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I was off—it’s 32 million to fire him: https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...7/17945514/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-contract

And I’m not the one missing the point. Auburn is the one that wants to move Malzahn. Of course they’re willing to waive a buyout for a coach who doesn’t want to leave. All the pressure is on Auburn’s side. All Malzahn has to do is not quit.

Malzahn isn’t looking for jobs. Auburn is looking for someone to save them from a buyout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure. And if he is the coach for tech we can help them and they can help us!!

Deleted member 2897

People may lose their sanity around here because the conspiracy theories will grow wilder, but I'm OK with TStan taking his time. I want the right guy for GT, and if TStan has to turn over a few more rocks, it's OK. Affecting 2019 recruiting class isn't as bad as the negative affects over the next decade of picking the wrong guy for our progam.

Plus if people don’t sign in Dec, it doesn’t mean they can’t sign later too. Doing something right is nearly always better than fast.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
No dude. The buyout is malzahns end. Auburn would waive the money he owes auburn if he breaches contract and leaves early. In other words he is free to go no penalty.

Auburn isnt firing him. So they dont owe anything. Should they fire him. Yes. Then they would owe him and there is nothing to waive.

Now. What tech can do is say ok auburn. U want him gone. U pay him 17 million over the next 5 years. Half his buyout. We will pay him 17 million as well over the same period.

Then gus is made whole. Au pays half of what they cant afford. Gt gets a deal.
This is why the rumor he talked with admins is such a big deal. His OC left, his QB just declared, and auburn fans predict pain next year... where they will pay him 6 mil+ then still owe him 26ish million even if they wanted to fire him then.
Auburn may be debating biting the bullet and paying him half or less to just let him walk.

I don’t see it happening, but interesting that the other auburn board rumor was them reaching out to stoops to see how retirement was going.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I was quoting Rivals. The Brice kid at Clemson was one on there also. Don't recall the other. I'm one of the few on here that believe we can be what Stanford has been. Clemson is like USC in the Leinart/Bush days. We can't be that, but we could give them a tough run like Stanford under Harbaugh/Shaw.
Im not trying to be a ******* but I think You are one of the few because most of us think they have almost nothing in common. Maybe Im looking at this wrong but please share what a private school with roughly 60 distinct degree concentrations have in common with a Public STEM school that looks a lot more like MIT?
Pretty certain Quincy Carter was the number 1 QB when he signed with us.
Funny that Quincy, Donnie and Charles Dudish all were QBs.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow

Agree. Stansbury knows this hire could very well define his success (or failure) at Tech. I’m perfectly fine with him taking the time to get it right, even if it puts me in the poor house as my productivity at work has probably been about 30% over the last week.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Im not trying to be a ******* but I think You are one of the few because most of us think they have almost nothing in common. Maybe Im looking at this wrong but please share what a private school with roughly 60 distinct degree concentrations have in common with a Public STEM school that looks a lot more like MIT? Answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
reminded of the sign I saw somewhere..."cheap,fast, good". You cannot have all 3 in the venn diagram...only 2 are possible.
Speaking of which... I'm on the road and got Chinese. (First time in a while, I'll deal with the consequences later.)

Fortune cookie says:
"The object of your desire comes closer."

Taking it to mean I'll be named HC shortly. I think that, combined with another fortune cookie that said "You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life" should get a lot of Tech folks excited.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Im not trying to be a ******* but I think You are one of the few because most of us think they have almost nothing in common. Maybe Im looking at this wrong but please share what a private school with roughly 60 distinct degree concentrations have in common with a Public STEM school that looks a lot more like MIT?

GT fans forget how big of a deal Donnie Davis was. #2 overall QB, and #1 Dual Threat QB in the nation. Had the services been around then, he would have been a consensus 5 star. It's a shame he never got to work with Friedgen. He was actually pretty good once a staff knew what to do with him. Donnie Davis's skillset was a decade before his time.

Animal02

Banned

Hell, if we were close to MIT, we could hide so athletes......

Status
Not open for further replies.