Position Changes?

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Do we have any info yet on position changes? I suppose maybe we will know more in the spring. Here are some I'm most interested in:

1) Will Campbell stay at QB or move to Safety?
2) Will MJ stay at QB? Or go back to AB or to WR?
3) Will the glut of AB's have changes? Maybe T Marshall to QB? Maybe MLD back to BB?
4) Will Lynn Griffin go back to DB?

Any others worth talking about?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Taquan Marshall to QB - CPJ has stated several times over the season that this will happen. May not stay at QB during his career, but CPJ wants to see what Taquan can do there.

Lynn Griffin stays at AB - CPJ stated in a presser that he wanted Lynn at AB for a while, but Lynn was hesitant to move. Thinks Lynn's ceiling at AB is much higher than at DB.

Matthew Jordan stays at QB - had Byerly received his waiver, CPJ probably has the flexibility to move MJ around. As of right now, only Christian Campbell has had any practice time at QB behind MJ. Pretty thin there, which is one reason why we're seeing Taquan move to QB.

Christian Campbell to ??? - with Byerly's waiver denied, will be interesting to see how this develops. Numbers-wise, CC is needed at QB. However, it's been mentioned several times by posters who are in the know that CC will be moved to another position.

The BBs - with Marcus Marshall, Marcus Allen, Leggett, QFro, and Dedrick Mills coming in at BB, there will be glut. Then you add MLD, who originally signed to play BB. Odds are, someone moves somewhere, or gets redshirted.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ has been highly complimentary of Griffin at A. I think he is in coach's plans at A next year.

Not sure what to say about Campbell. I want someone starting to get some experince for year after next. Maybe Taquan will shut me up about this.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
PJ has been highly complimentary of Griffin at A. I think he is in coach's plans at A next year.

Not sure what to say about Campbell. I want someone starting to get some experince for year after next. Maybe Taquan will shut me up about this.

2016 is an important class for signing a good QB. Hope the staff has a stud on the line somewhere.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I know that Coach wanted Griffin at AB for a long time. However, given the dearth of DBs next year, I think he'll go back to the other side. We've got skill O players out the yin-yang coming up and any experience + speed at DB will be at a premium.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We better be hell bent on developing a QB. JT was not very effective and unless he just had a huge slump, we really have no one that can run this offense. If we don't have one on the roster we best be finding a transfer somewhere.

Go Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Taquon would make a really good QB. CC is explosive and reminds me of Nesbitt. I hope they both play QB.

I heard Brad Stewart will start at QB next year though...because you know..its Brad Stewart.

Thought BS was being considered for bb or lb?? Long off season.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We desperately need to figure out our QB situation going forward. JT is the man next year but 2017 could be rough early on. Whom ever CPJ has as our future QB he needs to get him some meaningful reps next season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We desperately need to figure out our QB situation going forward. JT is the man next year but 2017 could be rough early on. Whom ever CPJ has as our future QB he needs to get him some meaningful reps next season.

Yup. Been beating this drum all year. People don't realize how thin we are at QB. Just because we have guys listed at QB doesn't mean they're equipped to run this offense at a high level. Having a QB and having a good QB are two separate things.

JeT is clearly the starter. MJ got some snaps this year, but hardly enough to make anyone comfortable should JeT go down (*knock on wood*). Christian Campbell probably got less than 10% of the practice snaps in our offense since he was 3rd string and redshirting. He may not even be a QB come this time next year. Taquan has taken approximately zero snaps at QB.

Hopefully the staff can sign a stud QB this year and groom him like they did Vad and JeT. Treat him like a #2 QB while redshirting, and if he catches on quickly, possibly playing him. Lots of good dual threat QBs in this class...staff needs to close on one (or two) of them.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I know that Coach wanted Griffin at AB for a long time. However, given the dearth of DBs next year, I think he'll go back to the other side. We've got skill O players out the yin-yang coming up and any experience + speed at DB will be at a premium.

I think Griffin will stay at A back. Durham, the Austin twins, A.J Gray and Corey Griffin are back, plus Dante Wigley and Meiko Dotson redshirted, Lamont Simmons had to sit out and maybe John Marvin will fulfill his potential.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I am sure there will be a few changes, but barring injuries or transfers, we have a glut at some positions. I would like to see a better two deep across the board and a good three deep at QB.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Something I haven't seen on here but I've though about a lot. Freeman has a problem putting on size but he's obviously a beast on defense. Have we ever considered moving him to LB? I think he could do inside or outside.
Freeman lines up at OLB already in some packages

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We need lb who are in position and make contact on the front half or side of rb, verses the rear of rb as he cuts to avoid safety. To me its wide open competition.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
For some reason i thought the staff was very high on CC at qb. Not sure why they would move him considering we have little depth there again. Where did u guys read that?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
For some reason i thought the staff was very high on CC at qb. Not sure why they would move him considering we have little depth there again. Where did u guys read that?

Some rumors dropped from Justa and Cuse both who are closer to the situation than anyone else.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Been beating this drum all year. People don't realize how thin we are at QB. Just because we have guys listed at QB doesn't mean they're equipped to run this offense at a high level. Having a QB and having a good QB are two separate things.

JeT is clearly the starter. MJ got some snaps this year, but hardly enough to make anyone comfortable should JeT go down (*knock on wood*). Christian Campbell probably got less than 10% of the practice snaps in our offense since he was 3rd string and redshirting. He may not even be a QB come this time next year. Taquan has taken approximately zero snaps at QB.

Hopefully the staff can sign a stud QB this year and groom him like they did Vad and JeT. Treat him like a #2 QB while redshirting, and if he catches on quickly, possibly playing him. Lots of good dual threat QBs in this class...staff needs to close on one (or two) of them.
I wonder how many guys would be thrilled to have Tevin 2.0 waiting in the wings right about now? Lol!