Points Per Drive vs Pwr 5 Rankings

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
PPD vs Pwr5 is a calculated stat using only rushing & passing TDs worth 7pts and FGs worth 3. Special Teams and Defensive Scores are not counted. Drives are possessions which end in TD, FG, punt, failed 4th, or turnover.

The offensive and defensive ppd vs pwr5 are calculated separately, and team rankings are calculated by averaging the ranking based on their difference and the ranking based on their ratio.

It should be noted that the following table only includes rankings for teams that have played at least 3 Power 5 opponents and that Notre Dame is not considered a Power 5 opponent. This early in the season, schedule strength plays a bigger role than it will by the end of the season.

1697752217308.png

Clemson, GT, vpisu, and d'uh U came in at 36, 37, 38, and 39. BC, Wake, NC St, and Pitt came in at 48, 49, 50, and 51 respectively.

By PPDvPw5 stat, GT has the #27 Offense and #47 Defense. Based on feedback from previous seasons, the Def PPD rank is probably affected by having to practice against the triple option all week. :)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
PPD vs Pwr5 is a calculated stat using only rushing & passing TDs worth 7pts and FGs worth 3. Special Teams and Defensive Scores are not counted. Drives are possessions which end in TD, FG, punt, failed 4th, or turnover.

The offensive and defensive ppd vs pwr5 are calculated separately, and team rankings are calculated by averaging the ranking based on their difference and the ranking based on their ratio.

It should be noted that the following table only includes rankings for teams that have played at least 3 Power 5 opponents and that Notre Dame is not considered a Power 5 opponent. This early in the season, schedule strength plays a bigger role than it will by the end of the season.

View attachment 14946

Clemson, GT, vpisu, and d'uh U came in at 36, 37, 38, and 39. BC, Wake, NC St, and Pitt came in at 48, 49, 50, and 51 respectively.

By PPDvPw5 stat, GT has the #27 Offense and #47 Defense. Based on feedback from previous seasons, the Def PPD rank is probably affected by having to practice against the triple option all week. :)
You sure about the bolded part? ND is included in the rankings.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 14946

I'd be interested in seeing the raw numbers since the PWR5 PPD diff seems to be pretty big compared to FBS PPD diff.

Duke comes in at 12 behind quite a few teams when comparing FBS, but is higher here. Not sure it matters much, but just curious.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Week 10 numbers are in, but again, Clemson's game vs. ND is not included because cfbstats.com obviously doesn't include ND as a FBS Pwr 5 team.

After week 10, GT is ranked 30 with the #14 offense and #50 defense.
Clemson is ranked 39 with #15 defense and #58 offense.

Averaging our offense and their defense ppd (and vice versa), the score of a 15 drive game would be 33 - 30 us.

These numbers are provided for entertainment purposes only.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Week 10 numbers are in, but again, Clemson's game vs. ND is not included because cfbstats.com obviously doesn't include ND as a FBS Pwr 5 team.

After week 10, GT is ranked 30 with the #14 offense and #50 defense.
Clemson is ranked 39 with #15 defense and #58 offense.

Averaging our offense and their defense ppd (and vice versa), the score of a 15 drive game would be 33 - 30 us.

These numbers are provided for entertainment purposes only.
Well, you aren't kidding there. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win by 3 points. Both kickers are pretty good and it is strength v strength (Tech's O, the Tigger D) and weakness v weakness (the Tigger O, Tech's D). I think such games are usually tossups.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Well, you aren't kidding there. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win by 3 points. Both kickers are pretty good and it is strength v strength (Tech's O, the Tigger D) and weakness v weakness (the Tigger O, Tech's D). I think such games are usually tossups.
A toss up vs Clemson at their home stadium🤔? I'll take that.
Go Jackets!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If it comes down to FG's than I believe GT has an edge there.
Birr is 10-11 (5-5 inside 40, 5-6 over 40).
Weitz is 7-11 (6-7 inside 40, 1-4 over 40).

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If it comes down to FG's than I believe GT has an edge there.
Birr is 10-11 (5-5 inside 40, 5-6 over 40).
Weitz is 7-11 (6-7 inside 40, 1-4 over 40).
is this the previous kicker of theirs that was sitting in the charleston area taking an online class or two waiting to get into grad school when dabo called him up