Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We had zero 5 stars before CPJ, and we have had zero since. This is both on the offense and on the defense. TStans initiatives may help us land better recruits in general, and I hope that is the case.

I won't get into an argument about whether the offense is the reason we cannot get a five star, but I find it hard to believe that our offense is the reason we have never gotten a 5 star defensive recruit (including before CPJ). This leads me to believe there is more to it than just the offensive scheme.

The recruiting ranking explosion wasn’t as big before CPJ become coach.

Anyway yes the offense prevents GT from recruiting elite athletes. It seems to even hurt us defensively seems. That said GT has had a recruiting uptick recently and TStans work will improve recruiting. Will a defense offense help recruiting, some, perhaps. The right coach and coaching staff would improve recruiting.

If CPJ would open up the offense more and created a consistent passing game then that would help recruiting, a lot.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yet, they still gave them stars, and we still did not get a single one on either side of the ball.

GT had a better chance.
Since CPJ has took over the talent level has dipped across the board. Under Chan GT consistently put players in the league.
Burnett
Dwyer
CJ
Bey Bey
Morgan
ect all under Chan

Under CPJ
JT
Shaq
Waller

It’s not a comparison.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
The recruiting ranking explosion wasn’t as big before CPJ become coach.

Anyway yes the offense prevents GT from recruiting elite athletes. It seems to even hurt us defensively seems. That said GT has had a recruiting uptick recently and TStans work will improve recruiting. Will a defense offense help recruiting, some, perhaps. The right coach and coaching staff would improve recruiting.

If CPJ would open up the offense more and created a consistent passing game then that would help recruiting, a lot.

I really like our offense, but I do think it creates hurdles recruiting at WR the most and probably QB second.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
GT had a better chance.
Since CPJ has took over the talent level has dipped across the board. Under Chan GT consistently put players in the league.
Burnett
Dwyer
CJ
Bey Bey
Morgan
ect all under Chan

Under CPJ
JT
Shaq
Waller

It’s not a comparison.

So you’re saying CPJ has done more with less. I agree, he’s a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Stephen Hill, Attouchu, Butker, Gotsis, Smelter, DJ White...

OK
Vance Walker, Tarchard Choice, Phillip Wheeler, Andrew Gardner, Daryl Richard, Durant Brooks, Michael Johnson, PJ Daniels.
Off the top of the head.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
GT had a better chance.
Burnett
Dwyer
CJ
Bey Bey
Morgan
ect all under Chan

Under CPJ
JT
Shaq
Waller

It’s not a comparison.
Did you intentionally leave off multiple names that went to the NFL like Gotsis, Attaochu, Harrison Butker, Smelter, Jemea Thomas...etc?

Regardless, putting players into the league is not CPJ's job. We don't need NFL players to be a top offense as he has demonstrated.

I want us to find a way to get GT's first ever five star recruit, and I want it to be on the defense.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Although we've never really brought in the big time 4 and 5 star recruits, a sentiment held by many on this board (and any other one about Georgia Tech football for that matter) is that this offense prevents us for landing elite recruits with legitimate NFL aspirations. But others will bring forth the evidence that this same offense is the great equalizer that allows us to overcome these recruiting deficiencies, and compete with teams with superior talent. My question to the board is do you guys believe the work that T-Stan is doing to raise money and devote more resources towards recruiting will bring better results in recruiting? Or will it always be the same as long as we run the triple option? Will a new offense make us more attractive to kids? Or will we always have a tougher time because we're Georgia Tech?

I know we have short memories, but that Tech team we all saw playing against FSU in the ACCCG and against Miss St. in the Orange Bowl was an electric team. The option is really sexy when it's executed correctly.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Stephen Hill, Attouchu, Butker, Gotsis, Smelter, DJ White...
Step Durham and Chris Melton are also playing. I would agree that the number of players that GT puts into the NFL has dropped significantly, but I'm hoping the recent changes that we are making will show an impact. And I also agree that the amount of kids that can get into Tech and stay eligible hurts that number now more than in the past.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The difference is a lot of people told you that when he was 1-3 at the beginning of the season and you were campaigning for his termination.
What? If we kept at that trajectory he probably would've been gone. We aren't 1-3 anymore. You gotta follow along here

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Les is good for Kansas, especially if he's cheap. It gets people interested and he can recruit well. More importantly, he knows how football works and even if he's basically a consultant that tells the administration where to put the money and how to reach out to fans it's a massive upgrade to what they have had before. I don't know how well he'll do, but he can probably at least set them up so whoever the next guy is he has something to work with.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What? If we kept at that trajectory he probably would've been gone. We aren't 1-3 anymore. You gotta follow along here
If we were 3-1 , think what we would be saying about Coach. We could easily be playing uga as the prime game. Hope the players and coaches are fired up to avenge those losses

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If we were 3-1 , think what we would be saying about Coach. We could easily be playing uga as the prime game. Hope the players and coaches are fired up to avenge those losses

Yes, this team could easily be going into Athens at 10-1, having beaten Duke, Pitt, and USF or 9-2, having lost to 1 of those. We'd be ranked. However, for that to have happened easily, it would've been about our O playing its normal self vs Pitt and Duke and/or our D playing its normal self against USF. It wouldn't change the fact that our D playing its normal self so far still isn't good enough to keep georgie from scoring a lot.

Hopefully, our players don't realize that and go play with hair on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.