Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
How much name recognition does he have outside the GT community, and maybe — MAYBE — a handful of NFL fans in Houston, Boston, and Detroit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll give a former starting QB more credit than that.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I wouldnt want us to consider Goose for two reasons.

1. Lack of upward trajectory in his career. Looks more like a journeyman assistant than an up and comer. Granted, he is still young.

2. Lack of college coaching experience. His desire and ability to recruit is a total unknown.

There is always a chance we could get lucky, but I don't think we should be considering folks that no other FBS school would have on their short list...or any list. Aim higher.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. But I doubt the kids he’ll be recruiting will have any idea who he is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some will know just off he has a legacy across the GA & the ACC. Coaches and parents watched Goose and they matter just as much if not more.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Just reading through people throwing around names for a new HC if it was to come to that and IMO, when it comes to Godsey I agree a lot of fans would love it because of his name in the Tech world and I myself thought for awhile he could be a good hire. But I no longer do and I agree with what a lot of yall are saying. He was and is loved by tech fans and everyone of us fans know the name and he’s hes got some experience and has bounced around the nfl and got to coach under and with some great names but I don’t think he’s ready to be a HC on any level. I think he is a Career journeyman nfl coach and as one guy pointed out us or some other school may hire him someday and get lucky and it turn out to be great but I think that chance is slim. He coached under Bill with the pats but had he shown that much, a man like bill would still have him on the staff or he would be somewhere better than his gig with Detroit. And none of these high schools kids will know anything about him. I see some of you and have seen other people throwing Kffins name out there. I think he could recruit Well and run a good offense and be solid in the acc but don’t think he is our best option and honestly yea we’re a better program than where he is now but don’t think he would leave to come to us. He will wait till something even bigger opens. I’ve seen les miles name other places don’t think I have here but don’t think that will happen ever. Could recruit well though. I think best two options would be Venables or Key. I really think Key would be a great hire. The fans get one of our guys to lead and also unlike godsey the Recruits will know his name and like his resume better and he would get very good recruits back to Tech and I do think he would accept the job. Venables I doubt would. My top choice right now if we make a change would be Key. I think Key can recruit great and would be a great coach and would turn us in to big threats. He has a lot of winning experience and would have the fans excited because of who he is and what he would do with the program. And I also believe when he got us to being elite he wouldn’t use us as a stepping stone
And leave like a lot of coaches would.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Just reading through people throwing around names for a new HC if it was to come to that and IMO, when it comes to Godsey I agree a lot of fans would love it because of his name in the Tech world and I myself thought for awhile he could be a good hire. But I no longer do and I agree with what a lot of yall are saying. He was and is loved by tech fans and everyone of us fans know the name and he’s hes got some experience and has bounced around the nfl and got to coach under and with some great names but I don’t think he’s ready to be a HC on any level. I think he is a Career journeyman nfl coach and as one guy pointed out us or some other school may hire him someday and get lucky and it turn out to be great but I think that chance is slim. He coached under Bill with the pats but had he shown that much, a man like bill would still have him on the staff or he would be somewhere better than his gig with Detroit. And none of these high schools kids will know anything about him. I see some of you and have seen other people throwing Kffins name out there. I think he could recruit Well and run a good offense and be solid in the acc but don’t think he is our best option and honestly yea we’re a better program than where he is now but don’t think he would leave to come to us. He will wait till something even bigger opens. I’ve seen les miles name other places don’t think I have here but don’t think that will happen ever. Could recruit well though. I think best two options would be Venables or Key. I really think Key would be a great hire. The fans get one of our guys to lead and also unlike godsey the Recruits will know his name and like his resume better and he would get very good recruits back to Tech and I do think he would accept the job. Venables I doubt would. My top choice right now if we make a change would be Key. I think Key can recruit great and would be a great coach and would turn us in to big threats. He has a lot of winning experience and would have the fans excited because of who he is and what he would do with the program. And I also believe when he got us to being elite he wouldn’t use us as a stepping stone
And leave like a lot of coaches would.

Paragraph breaks are your friend.

Deleted member 2897

“Garrett called the Louisville game “massively important” for the team’s prospects this season.

“If they can get back to .500 and feeling better about themselves, this team could run off some wins,” he said.

Those results over the next seven games may determine the direction of Tech’s football future.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...gatech&utm_medium=social&utm_source=gatech_fb

Personally, I don't care at all about this game in terms of CPJs future. I care about it for the future of our season. If we can break our 7-game road losing streak (which goes back to 2016), it will tell us all we're good enough to still win 6-8+ games this year. If we lose, we could literally lose the rest of our games if we spiral into negativity. As I type this, it kind of sounds silly to put so much emphasis on 1 single game...you should be able to flush it whether its a win or loss and move on to your next game independently. But it sure feels like this game is super important.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
When the beat writer is talking to donors, things aren't good.

This is definitely a must win in my mind to salvage anything from this season. Simply not realistic to think we will pull 2 out of 3 from vpi, um, and uga. We will be hard pressed to get one of those and will also be underdogs to Duke.

BUZZ NATION

Georgia Tech Fan
Doesn’t that article kind of say that Ken wants CPJ gone ? Funny thing about that petition doesn’t 300 seem small ? Petitions are one sided because it never shows how many want the opposite.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
PJ has not been particularly accommodating to the press. They have the power of the pen. That may be his downfall in the end.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sure, but they typically arent central to a story. Just saying its another indication the heat is on, but thats obvious already.

I've been contacted by him several time over the past few years for info. Of course he' writing this because of the hot seat CPJ is on, but he's a reporter, who goes to the fans he's made contact with before to get information.

Status
Not open for further replies.