Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Are you related to TStan ?
Nope, I just don’t let 1 bad thing out weigh a ton of good things. Especially when that 1 thing is subject depending on who you talk to. I’m also not going to complain about that one bad thing when I have no clue who affected that decision beyond T Stan, but you must know that it was strictly T Stan who made that decision.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
We could burn a time out and then he didn’t have to come out. We also have a walk-on qb. Even if we had to play hi the one snap, then he should have stayed in for reps

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ will get one more year. This year's team looks like about 2 more wins to finish 5-7. No bowl , little , if any improvement. IMO , if we can't get MUCH better OL play and adequate depth we will not improve. Obviously Duke has upgraded. We will be overmatched against VT , too. Can we beat a mediocre UVA team at their place ? Good question. Miami ? Slim chance at best. Dwags ? No way. UNC possibly.
"TQM will be much improved", "With a years experience our OL will be nasty ", " We have good OL depth, best in years !" Remember when we were saying those things not so long ago ? So 7 games in and where are we ? TQM - love the guy, but he is playing out of position. OL depth ? Don't even start ! Nasty ? Don't make me laugh ! WE. SIMPLY. DO. NOT. HAVE. ENOUGH. GOOD. PLAYERS. And one more year of experience, weight room , practicing and coaching will not change that , IMO !!

We had not used and timeouts yet. We wasted a game freshman year for our highly rated q.b to save a time-out. This I can’t understand

Don't question CPJ. He's an offensive genius. Just look at that awesome, clock-killing drive to start the 4th qtr! That TD was awesome even though it eliminated any real chances of us getting the ball back 2 more times to try to tie it. You could tell Duke wasn't expecting him to keep running in plays from the sideline and take forever to score.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Don't question CPJ. He's an offensive genius. Just look at that awesome, clock-killing drive to start the 4th qtr! That TD was awesome even though it eliminated any real chances of us getting the ball back 2 more times to try to tie it. You could tell Duke wasn't expecting him to keep running in plays from the sideline and take forever to score.
Hard to express sarcasm. But you nailed it !

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t know what coach we would get, but I’ve not been thrilled with many of the suggestions/speculation so far. I would rather have CPJ another year and allow TStan take his time and hire the right guy for GT. If the guy you want isn’t available, don’t make an emotional decision and fire your current coach.

I think we can all agree that change is most likely coming. Might have one more season of CPJ, but it is hard to imagine going further than that.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
thanks but it's just baffling how out-of-touch with the reality of the game CPJ is. We were done and needed QUICK SCORES. Every GT fan watching knew this. But CPJ just casually took his time getting us down the field. It's like he had Duke and the pts or something. Just mind-numbingly stupid.
I am not sure what is going on with CPJ anymore. He seems resigned to losing. Not a good think for a HC.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t know what coach we would get, but I’ve not been thrilled with many of the suggestions/speculation so far. I would rather have CPJ another year and allow TStan take his time and hire the right guy for GT. If the guy you want isn’t available, don’t make an emotional decision and fire your current coach.

I think we can all agree that change is most likely coming. Might have one more season of CPJ, but it is hard to imagine going further than that.

Watch what happens to an already bad attendance if Paul is still the coach next year. There is zero excitement for next year if he stays, we might avg < 30k next year

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We had not used and timeouts yet. We wasted a game freshman year for our highly rated q.b to save a time-out. This I can’t understand
Honestly it doesn’t matter imo we get 4 games and can still redshirt him. If we aren’t blowing out any teams he probably won’t see the field, and I don’t see us blowing anyone else out on our schedule. Maybe UNC. JMO

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure what is going on with CPJ anymore. He seems resigned to losing. Not a good think for a HC.

I've seen it at work. Guys who have been successful for a good while...but things go south for whatever reason. They lose critical members on their team. Competition shows up. Technology shifts. Whatever. They keep doing what they have always done because it's worked in the past right? They can't figure out what or how things have changed they just know the results aren't there. After a certain point, they bail or, if old enough, just kind of curl up and wait for the inevitable axe (plus the nice severance package too). At this point they don't care because things at work are not fun when you aren't getting the results that you are paid to get.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I've seen it at work. Guys who have been successful for a good while...but things go south for whatever reason. They lose critical members on their team. Competition shows up. Technology shifts. Whatever. They keep doing what they have always done because it's worked in the past right? They can't figure out what or how things have changed they just know the results aren't there. After a certain point, they bail or, if old enough, just kind of curl up and wait for the inevitable axe (plus the nice severance package too). At this point they don't care because things at work are not fun when you aren't getting the results that you are paid to get.
Yes. I have seen it at work , too. It is called " staying past your expiration date ".

Status
Not open for further replies.