On to Miami

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I truly hate to say this but I have zero confidence in a W this week.

The fact that we lost to BG is not what has me scratching my head still. It is the fact that we got completely man handled by them.

I'm not buying the black uni bit.

Something beneath the surface of this team still exists that needs to be addressed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I dont buy into the players suck
Uh, just so I won't be misunderstood again, I never said the players suck. I said they were overconfident, as a couple of them have alluded to.
Like you, I want to see coaches and players prepared for this one - physically and mentally.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Uh, just so I won't be misunderstood again, I never said the players suck. I said they were overconfident, as a couple of them have alluded to.
Like you, I want to see coaches and players prepared for this one - physically and mentally.
I don’t think we will overlook Miami. I’m expecting a pretty focused team this week. Not sure that will overcome the talent gap but I doubt the team phones it and expects the win gifted to them on a silver platter this time.

Meanwhile Miami has UNC and Clemson after us - they may come out overlooking us and we might have a chance to take advantage of that like BGSU did.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think we will overlook Miami. I’m expecting a pretty focused team this week. Not sure that will overcome the talent gap but I doubt the team phones it and expects the win gifted to them on a silver platter this time.

Meanwhile Miami has UNC and Clemson after us - they may come out overlooking us and we might have a chance to take advantage of that like BGSU did.
Miami is not going to overlook us. They are taking one game at a time unlike us. We will have to earn it.
I hope to see some disguised coverages, delayed blitzes, tighter coverage, and better tackling on defense and please don't let their QB kill you with jail break runs on third and long. Set the edges please.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Something beneath the surface of this team still exists that needs to be addressed.
Could it be that swamp creatures are bad at run defense?

dont ask why creature from the black lagoon GIF by hoppip

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching Miami they are a very similar team to Louisville. Tyler Van Dyke has started well but isn't very mobile. They have really good receivers. Definitely the best we have faced so far. If we can get pressure we have a chance. If we can't, it will be a long game.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I, like most of you, am still reeling from Saturday. However, I’ll be watching and cheering on the boys to a hopeful victory!

My biggest hiccup with this game is that Jordan is still out and our OL looked rough against BG. The front of Miami is tough. So our OL will need to get it together and give King the time to make the read and throws.

If we can beat Miami, our path to a bowl game this year gets more doable and believable!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I truly hate to say this but I have zero confidence in a W this week.

The fact that we lost to BG is not what has me scratching my head still. It is the fact that we got completely man handled by them.

I'm not buying the black uni bit.

I watched Koon's internet show. He broke down several plays. Our defense is out of position and bad angles for tackles. Not sure we can correct that in one week.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Even if we had beat BG this one was going to be similar to Ole Miss. We will likely play them close until talent and coaching takes over in 2nd half. Then we will talk about how we showed toughness and fight and get excited again. Rinse and Repeat, we are in an eternal cycle of wishful thinking and outlier performances (good and bad) until the School commits to giving a **** about Football. Key is the 60th highest paid coach in College Football, all that needs to be said.

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
Miami is unveiling their version of the Adidas black unis on Saturday night.

I'd like to see more blitz packages. I'd rather have my LBs blitz out of position to force the issue of quick QB decisions than to live with the known quantity of bad angles and poorly tackling. Thoughts?

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We need to move past BG. The guys are putting in the work and we need to continue to look forward. All the pi$$ and vinegar we can spew out won't change the outcome from this past Saturday.

So, who's going to Miami? I'm not, but will be at the local cigar club (my house with my cigar buddies) watching and cheering. What are yall gonna do?

Beat the 'canes!
Watch them beat Tech like a rented mule. The line is 23 and I fully expect Miami to win by four touchdowns.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I did see somewhere that Miami has a really poor record in special uniforms, like 3-15. No idea how true that is though
I think a lot of times the special uniforms turn out to be the final back-breaking distraction for teams that are prone to be head cases anyway.
Miami of recent history has fit that bill. We, unfortunately, have fit that bill.