Offseason Media 2024

CEB

Helluva Engineer
This ranking means nothing to recruits. On field performance is what matters.
Am I doing it right?
Precisely!
The only thing you left out is that we shouldn’t even be on the list in the first place. It’s not a prototypical Waffle House and there is no parking, so it really doesn’t count. Beside that, the distance measurement doesn’t consider traffic and the fact that you must cross the rubicon that is 75/85. The list is irrelevant and we still shouldn’t be on it.
Self loathing complete…

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Lord have mercy what a bunch of sensitive GT fans. Outside of Waller the rest have a total of 8 catches for 76 yards and 0 TDs in their NFL careers.

As I said, Waller is a multi time All Pro. When any of the others accomplish something then Jump up and down waving your Gold and White Pom Pom looking thru your Gold colored glasses.

GT badly needs more players who will be impact NFL players if we actually intend to compete for ACC Championships and not get left behind when College Football as we know it collapses. Of course those celebrating this meaningless Hype will say we are doing great and be happy we have been relegated into the lower tier of college football!

First, literally no one here is proclaiming GT as TE U.

This is, however, a message board filled with GT fans (short for fanatic) who generally (you seem to be an exception here, at least on this topic) like to celebrate positive news about the team they love.

Also, consider the fact that just 5 years ago we recruited our first TE in over a decade. Plus, we have spent much digital ink bemoaning the TEs we did have on our roster the last few years.

Consider also that GT fans endured 3.5 years of losing football.

Now, considering all of that, I have to say I find it pleasingly ironic that GT, of all schools, is currently better than all but a handful of teams at putting TEs on NFL rosters, regardless of any actual NFL productivity.

If you have issues with the graphic, then I highly suggest you take it up with the publication that issued the graphic. Telling GT fans on a GT fan board not to be thrilled about a chart that paints GT football in a positive light is a lot like peeing into the wind. You might feel some initial relief but you're probably not going to enjoy what comes back at you.

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

This is, however, a message board filled with GT fans (short for fanatic) who generally (you seem to be an exception here, at least on this topic) like to celebrate positive news about the team they love.

Also, consider the fact that just 5 years ago we recruited our first TE in over a decade. Plus, we have spent much digital ink bemoaning the TEs we did have on our roster the last few years.

Consider also that GT fans have endured 3.5 years of losing football.

Now, considering all of that, I have to say I find it pleasingly ironic that GT, of all schools, is currently better than all but a handful of teams at putting TEs on NFL rosters, regardless of any actual NFL productivity.

If you have issues with the graphic, then I highly suggest you take it up with the publication that issued the graphic. Telling GT fans on a GT fan board not to be thrilled about a chart that paints GT football in a positive light is a lot like peeing into the wind. You might feel some initial relief but you're probably not going to enjoy what comes back at you.
Whatever floats your boat. Let's revisit in September! Again if you believe in thought police this is not a GT message board, it's is a GT propaganda board. Is that your desire, I doubt it! You like many others feel the need to comment. Then wonder why this discussion continues.

Leonard may have a shot at making a roster as a blocking TE and STs player. His career GT stats were 4 years, 40 catches, 394 yards and 2 TDs. He got lots of praise for his toughness though he is a bit light to be a blocking TE. Jenkins had a decent year at GT 2 years ago 17 catches, 316 yards and 3 TDs. Wasn't on any roster last season, not sure why, are you? Benson 18 catches, 169 yards, 0 TDs in his 2 years. Not much there to believe they will be on NFL rosters when guys actually get paid. As an aside, Rookies get paid $1,700 for mini camp.

Davis was on GBs roster last season - good for him as he will make a very good salary of $795K. This is his last year on a rookie contract. If he gets a 2nd contract it is a very big deal. Teams turnover the bottom of their rosters at about a 35% rate every year bringing in guys on rookie contracts to replace the guys who's rookie (cheap) contract expires after 4 years.

Waller has been a Pro Bowl player and has had a very good NFL career! Very happy he got his life straightened out. He is in the last year of a 3 year $51 million contract. That is very worthy of bragging about as it is life changing money for any player!

Now let's see how long it takes for someone else to be butt hurt by the truth. LOL

Now let's beat FSU and show the world that GT is actually a football team to take note of!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Whatever floats your boat. Let's revisit in September!

I don't need to revisit this in September. I am happy today that GT got some positive press. If by September a new chart comes out and GT has 0 TEs in the NFL it won't change the fact that right now GT is getting positive press for a change.

Again if you believe in thought police this is not a GT message board, it's is a GT propaganda board. Is that your desire, I doubt it! You like many others feel the need to comment. Then wonder why this discussion continues.

At any point did I say that you couldn't post an unpopular opinion here? If I were acting as thought police I could have reported the post and let the mod/admin staff judge it on its merits. (We don't recycle unpopular opinions unless they violate site rules) I did suggest you revisit your thought process on these kinds of posts by pointing out that it seems pretty silly to expect GT fans to not be happy about positive news concerning Georgia Tech athletes in the NFL.

Leonard may have a shot at making a roster as a blocking TE and STs player. His career GT stats were 4 years, 40 catches, 394 yards and 2 TDs. He got lots of praise for his toughness though he is a bit light to be a blocking TE. Jenkins had a decent year at GT 2 years ago 17 catches, 316 yards and 3 TDs. Wasn't on any roster last season, not sure why, are you? Benson 18 catches, 169 yards, 0 TDs in his 2 years. Not much there to believe they will be on NFL rosters when guys actually get paid. As an aside, Rookies get paid $1,700 for mini camp.

Davis was on GBs roster last season - good for him as he will make a very good salary of $795K. This is his last year on a rookie contract. If he gets a 2nd contract it is a very big deal. Teams turnover the bottom of their rosters at about a 35% rate every year bringing in guys on rookie contracts to replace the guys who's rookie (cheap) contract expires after 4 years.

Waller has been a Pro Bowl player and has had a very good NFL career! Very happy he got his life straightened out. He is in the last year of a 3 year $51 million contract. That is very worthy of bragging about as it is life changing money for any player!

None of this is germane to the conversation we are having. I have already said that neither I nor most anyone else who is happy Georgia Tech got some positive press "regardless of any actual NFL productivity."

Now let's see how long it takes for someone else to be butt hurt by the truth. LOL

The biggest issue is your tone. Doubling down on the discontent and telling people they are hyper sensitive for disagreeing with you is no way to debate.

Now let's beat FSU and show the world that GT is actually a football team to take note of!

Here we are agreed. Go Jackets!

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
If one more person appreciates a mildly pro-GT graphic without recognizing that we are not Alabama I am going to lose it.

You absolute delusionals can’t keep getting away with this escaping of reality and TRUTH that we have little to be happy about as a football program.

Pretty much everyone here is overdue for a program humbling deprecation post. Throw in something negative about your family too. Your nephew got into his dream school? Don’t care. Your aunt probably doesn’t know how to drive stick, and you should stick to that subject. Pathetic.

No recruits care about sufficient development for potentially play in the NFL and it’s time to stop lying to yourselves.

-eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I don't need to revisit this in September. I am happy today that GT got some positive press. If by September a new chart comes out and GT has 0 TEs in the NFL it won't change the fact that right now GT is getting positive press for a change.

At any point did I say that you couldn't post an unpopular opinion here? If I were acting as thought police I could have reported the post and let the mod/admin staff judge it on its merits. (We don't recycle unpopular opinions unless they violate site rules) I did suggest you revisit your thought process on these kinds of posts by pointing out that it seems pretty silly to expect GT fans to not be happy about positive news concerning Georgia Tech athletes in the NFL.

None of this is germane to the conversation we are having. I have already said that neither I nor most anyone else who is happy Georgia Tech got some positive press "regardless of any actual NFL productivity."

The biggest issue is your tone. Doubling down on the discontent and telling people they are hyper sensitive for disagreeing with you is no way to debate.

Here we are agreed. Go Jackets!
Well if this is what is considered positive press than Fake News works! You know this is a misleading and meaningless chart that only people on THIS board have seen or care about. Check the other GT message boards and this chart does not show up because it is meaningless.

I say people are hypersensitive as they are unwilling to actually discuss the merits of the chart. It's simply - GT got positive press it will help our recruting. Anyone thinking recruits are that stupid should understand they would not make it academically at GT. Putting players in the NFL is important as it shows the team has talent. Do you actually believe our TEs have been a position of strength at GT? If so why have the coaches not used them for actual production? 1.1 catch per game in college is about their average.

I hope these guys make their team rosters and get paid as pros.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
When our TEs produce at GT and the NFL then get excited. Hyping GT TEs is fake news. Let’s revisit in September and see how many are on active rosters. Even on practice squads.
Again, who are all these people who are getting excited? Why is this something that needs to have such gravity? You seem to be the only one who is taking this even a little seriously. Nobody else is. I am mystified by the fact that this has triggered you so much that you're fighting to turn even this little nice mention into a negative. Your explanation of why you say people are hypersensitive is silly. The reason people aren't interested in dissecting it is because there's nothing to dissect, not because they are afraid of what that exercise might say. Is there anything deeper than we've got guys who are currently listed on rosters. That's really all it is. Nobody thinks they are NFL stars and nobody thinks any of them are locks to make their rosters much less be dominant players. Nobody thinks any of them are George Kittle or Travis Kelce or even Zach Ertz. They are currently roster guys. That's better than NO roster guys. And that's about as far an evaluation as is needed at this point. Is there some big thing I or anyone else is missing?

So, to answer your question. No. Nobody here thinks TE has been a position of strength at GT. Feel better now that we've torn down some myth that nobody subscribed to in the first place? Personally I don't expect them all to be on rosters once they get down to 53. And the ones that are I expect to either be on the practice squad or possibly on special teams especially with the changes in the KO rules. And at the moment I'll take that. Baby steps. We haven't had guys at GT much who can even get that far over the last 5+ years. And as for the "importance" of the chart it's just off-season content. I'm not sure why it's a problem that it's posted when there's very little else happening. Again I just think you're taking this more seriously than anyone else.
Sesame Street Idk GIF

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well if this is what is considered positive press than Fake News works! You know this is a misleading and meaningless chart that only people on THIS board have seen or care about. Check the other GT message boards and this chart does not show up because it is meaningless.

I say people are hypersensitive as they are unwilling to actually discuss the merits of the chart. It's simply - GT got positive press it will help our recruting. Anyone thinking recruits are that stupid should understand they would not make it academically at GT. Putting players in the NFL is important as it shows the team has talent. Do you actually believe our TEs have been a position of strength at GT? If so why have the coaches not used them for actual production? 1.1 catch per game in college is about their average.

*Insert personal attack here*

Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Go Jackets Tight End U baby!!!! Move over Iowa, The Institute is here! Pretty soon all 32 starting NFL TEs will be grown in the new Edge center, no doubt about it! We’re actually the best in the country at developing tight ends. Oh, and have you seen our defense? We’ve got arguably the best in the country on that side of the ball too. Wouldn’t surprise me if we had all 11 starters get drafted after this year. Last year I think we ranked like 6th in the best defense rankings. That’s only going to improve this year.

QB? Haynes King is the best in the country. A sure fire Heisman winner, get your bets in now.

RB? But Haynes King can only win the Heisman if the other Haynes (of the Jamal variety) doesn’t win it first. Probably the best returning RB in the southeast.

WR? Yet another Heisman candidate in Eric Singleton Jr. An absolute burner, who will probably be a 1st round pick after his sophomore year this year. Not to mention Leo Blackburn getting healthy too. Avery Boyd and Malik Rutherford could sneak their way into the Heisman watch lists too.

Speaking of TE, we’ve yet again got the best TE group in the country. Anchored by Heisman candidate and future 1st round pick Brett Seither. Jackson Hawes from Yale and Ryland Goede from Miss State both explicitly transferred in to GT because of how well we’ve been developing TEs. They said every game they watch on Sundays, there’s a difference maker at the TE spot who spent his college years on The Flats. If you want to make it in the NFL as a TE, GT is the place to be. Although Seither is the only one likely to win the Heisman, we’ve got a solid group, and I wouldn’t be surprised if 4, or even 5 of our TEs went in the top 5 rounds of next years draft.

Special year coming up y’all! Hope y’all are ready!

Start the chant up! T-E-U T-E-U T-E-U

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I stand corrected...

Go Jackets Tight End U baby!!!! Move over Iowa, The Institute is here! Pretty soon all 32 starting NFL TEs will be grown in the new Edge center, no doubt about it! We’re actually the best in the country at developing tight ends. Oh, and have you seen our defense? We’ve got arguably the best in the country on that side of the ball too. Wouldn’t surprise me if we had all 11 starters get drafted after this year. Last year I think we ranked like 6th in the best defense rankings. That’s only going to improve this year.

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

jbv1108

Georgia Tech Fan

200.gif

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow

Nobody else took the graphic seriously except you, dude. Yes it's somewhat misleading and it's also equally misleading for every other school (including the other one east of Atlanta as I pointed out). But it's the offseason and what the hell else are we supposed to talk about on this board? How dare we share a throwaway tweet in an entire thread about throwaway interviews and tweets?

I'm tired of talking and arguing about this, so I'm gonna do my best to move on, but it's just frustrating to see a meaningless tweet like this, have five Dwag fans high-five each other in the twitter comments, and when I want to share it to a GT board where it'd be nice to say "sweet, we did a good job and got some people to the league even if it's just on the practice squad", I have to listen to fellow GT fans call me a butt hurt hypersensitive fake news snowflake for pressing like on a damn tweet.

Outside of your griping and people responding to your griping, we had as much serious discussion here about the distance to the nearest Waffle House as we did to this tweet. Maybe I should lose my marbles over what a meaningless stat Waffle House distance is.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Nobody else took the graphic seriously except you, dude. Yes it's somewhat misleading and it's also equally misleading for every other school (including the other one east of Atlanta as I pointed out). But it's the offseason and what the hell else are we supposed to talk about on this board? How dare we share a throwaway tweet in an entire thread about throwaway interviews and tweets?

I'm tired of talking and arguing about this, so I'm gonna do my best to move on, but it's just frustrating to see a meaningless tweet like this, have five Dwag fans high-five each other in the twitter comments, and when I want to share it to a GT board where it'd be nice to say "sweet, we did a good job and got some people to the league even if it's just on the practice squad", I have to listen to fellow GT fans call me a butt hurt hypersensitive fake news snowflake for pressing like on a damn tweet.

Outside of your griping and people responding to your griping, we had as much serious discussion here about the distance to the nearest Waffle House as we did to this tweet. Maybe I should lose my marbles over what a meaningless stat Waffle House distance is.
Oh dear the Bid Bad Wolf is scaring the: Good Lord this Board gets But Hurt so easily. Who gives a crap what some Dawg fans post!

Big Bad Wolf Twd GIF by The Walking Dead

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
None. They haven’t done anything in the NFL yet. What’s the point in even talking about them? Let me know when they make a Pro Bowl… /s
You think NFL / Pro Bowl matters? Seriously? Dude it doesn’t matter if they’re MVP…
Until I hear about any of those three replicate the football version of Space Jam, by defeating a team of aliens, I see literally no point in even discussing them. Recruits aren’t stupid. They want football space jam.