Offseason Media 2024

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Everyone here is dealing with reality except you, apparently.
LOL. Yea guys with 8 catches in the NFL will flag GT as TE University. Reality sucks sometimes. This is all irrelevant to GT’s future success.

On field performance matters. Nothing else.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
BTW being on an NFL roster often means making a decent living, which is what a lot of guys are after.

They see GT is ranked in turning slightly paid college TE’s into paid even more TE’s. No playing time? Still a paycheck and/or chance at getting one. We beat out most schools in that. Let that marinate.

And we’ve earned that in what, 4 seasons of even having TE’s? Excluding Waller, but to me developing a WR so good at blocking that he plays TE is even more impressive.

Maybe we’re not THE TE university but statistically we develop NFL tight ends more than others. Simply appreciate that. Not sure why we’re making riding the bench in the NFL sound like roofing in July.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The mutts have a board in their recruiting lounge that shows the total amount of how much all mutts in the NFL make in their announced contracts. Do the recruits care that a big chunk is from Fat Stafford? No! They just see a big number and know that guys are getting paid. This TE list shows that we can get TE to the NFL. end of discussion. GT has 4 guys that play TE in the NFL on May 13th 2024. Is there a falsehood I'm missing? GO TECH!

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Yea guys with 8 catches in the NFL will flag GT as TE University. Reality sucks sometimes. This is all irrelevant to GT’s future success.

Actually in this case I think you are working really hard to crap on a positive, if meaningless, social media post for no good reason. What benefit to you does it bring? Do you think any of us looks at that post and REALLY thinks we are a dominant producer of great NFL TEs? Of course we aren’t. But you gotta start somewhere. And it’s better, if only in a very small amount, to have guys that can even sniff NFL rosters than not.

Honestly I don’t get what you’re trying to do with this and usually I do.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Actually in this case I think you are working really hard to crap on a positive, if meaningless, social media post for no good reason. What benefit to you does it bring? Do you think any of us looks at that post and REALLY thinks we are a dominant producer of great NFL TEs? Of course we aren’t. But you gotta start somewhere. And it’s better, if only in a very small amount, to have guys that can even sniff NFL rosters than not.

Honestly I don’t get what you’re trying to do with this and usually I do.
I get tired of the fake news that several have implied this is a big deal. As I said I hope they all at least make a practice squad. Come September likely only 2 will be on 53 man rosters. Most of the players were marginal performers for GT. So if they actually make NFL 53 man squads then our coaching staff had little clue how to use NFL Level talent. I don’t believe that to be the case.

Seems I hit a nerve with hyper sensitive GT fans who seem to buy into this silly spin about our TEs.

How many on here thought our TE position was an offensive strength the past several years? Not many.

Let’s hope Luke Harpring starts a trend where GT TEs become major offensive contributors!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Nobody has said anything otherwise, except for you. And you continue to do so, for some weird reason

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I get tired of the fake news that several have implied this is a big deal. As I said I hope they all at least make a practice squad. Come September likely only 2 will be on 53 man rosters. Most of the players were marginal performers for GT. So if they actually make NFL 53 man squads then our coaching staff had little clue how to use NFL Level talent. I don’t believe that to be the case.

Seems I hit a nerve with hyper sensitive GT fans who seem to buy into this silly spin about our TEs.

How many on here thought our TE position was an offensive strength the past several years? Not many.

Let’s hope Luke Harpring starts a trend where GT TEs become major offensive contributors!
Kinda feel like you’re the hypersensitive one here. Nobody buys into it. You seem to be the only one taking it seriously. I don’t get it. Honestly what’s the deal?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Do you realize how incredibly stupid that sounds? You have already convinced yourself that regardless of whether they make 53 man rosters or not, it's evidence that Tech sucks. With that type of outlook, why even call yourself a Tech fan?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Do you realize how incredibly stupid that sounds? You have already convinced yourself that regardless of whether they make 53 man rosters or not, it's evidence that Tech sucks. With that type of outlook, why even call yourself a Tech fan?
It’s the kind of “gotcha” these folks love. If Tech doesn’t put players into the NFL we suck and if we do, unless they are starters or high draft choices, we suck. Ignored is the reality that there are numerous great college players who never play much in the NFL. Just a few off the top of my head are well known Heisman winners Steve Spurrier, Pat Sullivan and Charlie Ward, along with Tech greats Shawn Jones and Joe Hamilton.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Hopefully people who saw this didn't know he went to GT. Not really the kind of media we need.

And it is a superb speech.....!

I agree — I am thankful the women in my life don’t feel this restricted. Their ambition should be no more or less, no more guided or autonomous than that of my own.

Yeah... I know he's a GT but holy hell I cannot stand his view points. He is absolutely wrong on everything he believes.

Any further discussion on the contents of Butker's speech needs to move to politics please.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
WaHo GT.jpg

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Kinda feel like you’re the hypersensitive one here. Nobody buys into it. You seem to be the only one taking it seriously. I don’t get it. Honestly what’s the deal?
When our TEs produce at GT and the NFL then get excited. Hyping GT TEs is fake news. Let’s revisit in September and see how many are on active rosters. Even on practice squads.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
It’s the kind of “gotcha” these folks love. If Tech doesn’t put players into the NFL we suck and if we do, unless they are starters or high draft choices, we suck. Ignored is the reality that there are numerous great college players who never play much in the NFL. Just a few off the top of my head are well known Heisman winners Steve Spurrier, Pat Sullivan and Charlie Ward, along with Tech greats Shawn Jones and Joe Hamilton.
It’s also a reflection of GTs record the past 8+ years. We have lacked the talent to compete at the top of the ACC. CPJ who was a top tier coach couldn’t compete at the top tier after 2014.

Coaching matters as CGC showed how bad coaching hurts badly. Talented players matter as much. GT has lacked that.

Gibbs gets lots of good GT publicity, more than all the TEs listed less Waller who left 10 years ago.

Keon White got good publicity. Shaq Mason as well. They matter for recruting. Some BS list of guys getting NFL tryouts on 90+ man rosters means nothing until they make a roster.

Thomas made it from the Dallas practice squad to being in the Cowboys safety rotation last year. That mattered as he was on National TV a lot.

This reminds me of the guys jumping up and down on the sideline for no reason.

Celebrate appropriately.

Guys graduating +. Guys playing inthe CFL +. Even guys playing inthe UFL is worth something. Mini Camps, great if they then make the 90 man roster and finally the 53 man roster or the practice squad. Only the guys on the 53 man roster get a guaranteed contract. Practice Squad players are on weekly contracts. Beats being unemployed a is a pathway to a roster.

If these guys are on teams in September I will joyously celebrate their accomplishments.

Waiting for the next person to complain. This is a message board where people share opinions.