Mutombo Transfers to GT

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See attached AJC Article reference Ryan Mutombo transferring to GT. What impact will he make?

Attachments

• Mutombo Transfers to GT.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Seems some on here knew this was a strong possibility a few weeks ago.

As I said in the transfer thread, he appeared to have a decent freshmen season, then his minutes just dried up the last 2 years. Maybe his value is giving us spot minutes in the post as a rim deterrence and giving our post guys a breather. There's value in a 7'2 guy, but with just a season left of eligibility, it will be short term value.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m ok with a short term experiment at our weakest position
What? Baye is our weakest position? He put up 12 and 8 (second leading scorer and leading rebounder). Plus he played the roll in our system at a very high level - especially the short roll which is critical to the system CDS runs. Yea he gets overpowered on occasion but he also outran, outquicked and outjumped bigger guys. It ain't our weakest spot. Go look at the 4 if you really want to find the weak spot.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
What? Baye is our weakest position? He put up 12 and 8 (second leading scorer and leading rebounder). Plus he played the roll in our system at a very high level - especially the short roll which is critical to the system CDS runs. Yea he gets overpowered on occasion but he also outran, outquicked and outjumped bigger guys. It ain't our weakest spot. Go look at the 4 if you really want to find the weak spot.
I feel like Baye more of a 4 (at least in traditional terms)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

He is considering Baye a 4, which I think most people do.

More broadly our weakest spot is our frontcourt player alongside Baye however you want to label it.

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree with most on the added piece over a definite starter...I think CDS will unleash Sutton at possibly 4 positions allowing room for big lineups featuring Baye and Ryan together especially with Baye expanding his game out to the perimeter a bit.

William S. Baker

Jolly Good Fellow
It is interesting how this team is structured:
As seniors we have: In the middle: Freshman:
McCollum. Forest Mustard
Terry. George. Sutton
Kelly. (Potentiall). Ndongo (hopefull). Kerouac
Reeves. Onwuchekwa
O‘Brien
Mutombo
I really do not see the weakness. Last year our outside scoring let us down resulting in our bigs getting beat up inside. I don’t see this happening this year!

William S. Baker

Jolly Good Fellow
McCollum. Forest Mustard
Terry. George. Sutton
Reeves. Onwuchekwa
O‘Brien
Mutombo
I really do not see the weakness. Last year our outside scoring let us down resulting in our bigs getting beat up inside. I don’t see this happening this year!

Sorry this is all screwed up when it posted. My columns went wacko. As seniors we are stacked. We are stacked as freshmen. It is a balanced team as I see it.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
McCollum. Forest Mustard
Terry. George. Sutton
Reeves. Onwuchekwa
O‘Brien
Mutombo
I thought Forrest was likely to not make roster. Also think Souare is still on the team/not in the portal.