Monken speech

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Continuing my fruitless campaign to make him coach of the year -- I'm gonna get up and fight some more -- consider what Monken walked into and what he accomplished. Before Monken, Army had won just one game this century, had lost 14 straight, and suffered some embarrassing blowouts in a supposed "rivalry". Monken made his first Army-Navy game competitive, almost won the second, then won the last two. This Century before Monkey Army won only 40 games and lost 113, including worse blowouts than Navy with some pretty reputable coaches. Monken is 24 and 26 and 10 of his losses came the second year. He then went 8-5 and this year was 10-3. Ten games? At Army? And two straight bowl wins, in the second holding the ball for almost 45 minutes and rushing for 441 yards. Some may not like the offense, but for certain with a snoot full of losing they ought to love winning, and no other offense for the last 30-40 years even came close. I know. He is not going to win. They'll give it to a guy with a bajillion dollar budget and a couple hundred aides and assistants and a private jet for recruiting. But it won't be the best coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You may remember the army navy game a few years ago where army fought and scratched to end the game inches from victory. That army qb left it all on the field. Wonder what's his name?
Some day I will attend and army navy game

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When CPJ retires, this is who I want.
Wonder if we could get him as a package paying him at less than proven winners like coach. Perhaps get him at a reduced salary and get a great support staff ---1.4 monken, 1.0 proven DC , 1.0 for very good recruiter plus recruiter staff, .5 offensive assist, .5 beast of special teams and lb coach, .3 for db safeties coach .2 each for for young position coaches. You get the drift - lessor pay for head guy on promise of lots of high paid assistants

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wait a min here... nice "Choice" of words...

Someone should send this to ISIS. Don't eff with America's finest.

I've always loved the academies and pulled hard for them. Even more so now with all of the Tech ties to both programs.

The Army Navy game has always been on my bucket list. No better time than now to get this done if possible.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Someone should send this to ISIS. Don't eff with America's finest.

I've always loved the academies and pulled hard for them. Even more so now with all of the Tech ties to both programs.

The Army Navy game has always been on my bucket list. No better time than now to get this done if possible.
New Zealand's Haka is more intimidating, but this one is a close second. Better than any "motivational" speech can be. Flipping through some of the Youtube clips I saw a poster in the background that breaks me up: "Navy shoots blanks". Monken and Niumatalolo go back a long way together with Johnson, and for the last 3-4 years I have to think Johnson secretly rooted for Army to make a game of this. But he is a competitor, so I wonder. I'm glad to see it is back as a rivalry and I am afraid my beloved Air Corps will never have that. But then neither does anybody else in the country. And I, too, want to make that game.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
New Zealand's Haka is more intimidating, but this one is a close second. Better than any "motivational" speech can be. Flipping through some of the Youtube clips I saw a poster in the background that breaks me up: "Navy shoots blanks". Monken and Niumatalolo go back a long way together with Johnson, and for the last 3-4 years I have to think Johnson secretly rooted for Army to make a game of this. But he is a competitor, so I wonder. I'm glad to see it is back as a rivalry and I am afraid my beloved Air Corps will never have that. But then neither does anybody else in the country. And I, too, want to make that game.

I looked up Air Force's record yesterday. I was surprised to see that it had a pretty successful run the last 10 years under Calhoun. But isn't Air Force the forgotten middle sibling? Or the third wheel in the bromance of Army-Navy? ;);)

I looked up Air Force's record yesterday. I was surprised to see that it had a pretty successful run the last 10 years under Calhoun. But isn't Air Force the forgotten middle sibling? Or the third wheel in the bromance of Army-Navy? ;);)
That's true. and yet they have won the Commander in Chief's Trophy more times in the past 30 years than Army and Navy combined.