Midtown's Predicament - Poll Included

So, what say you, knowledgeable and just board. Must I miss this one too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen,

I have a tough predicament. I was otherwise detained and disposed during the last two men's hoop games (Read, my two kids had me out in the yard and I wasn't willing to miss that time for something I could record). That's the smile inducing, heart warming part, now comes the hard part. The toddlers will be sleep by time tip off rolls around tonight and I am in a real quandary. As any good sports nuts I am above all that foolish superstition stuff, and also would hang my head in shame if I caused us to not win by selfishly putting the needs of my own enjoyment beyond the demands of fate, that most cruel mistress.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
@MidtownJacket There's about as many votes cast as a Presidential primary & you've got a 2:1 lead to watch so we can blame you if we lose. It's safe for the rest of us. If we lose, you get blamed. If we win, it didn't matter. Only 1 way to know. Watch the game & live with the results if you find out you're the jinx.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@MidtownJacket There's about as many votes cast as a Presidential primary & you've got a 2:1 lead to watch so we can blame you if we lose. It's safe for the rest of us. If we lose, you get blamed. If we win, it didn't matter. Only 1 way to know. Watch the game & live with the results if you find out you're the jinx.
Good thinking.. Plus - if we win and I have watched - ipsofacto I am luckier than this guy:
St Patricks Day Star GIF by Lucky Charms
St Patricks Day Rainbow GIF by Lucky Charms
St Patricks Day Magic GIF by Lucky Charms

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watch it. The only way to test your hypothesis but it is to be assumed that you are aware of Scrodinger's cat and the observer effect. My ask is that if we lose that you pledge never to watch a live GT sporting event ever again.

Although to be fair, there must be an uncountable number of us who tested our hypothesis AND THEN KEPT WATCHING FULLY AWARE OF WHAT OUR WATCHING WAS DOING TO THE BOTTOM LINE (OR W'S-L'S). How else do we account for the Collins years???????????

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
“Clearly, you were doing something right by not watching television. The players felt it in their marrow that some poor schmuck was missing out and decided to commemorate it by putting on a show in your absence. So put down the remote, head to a storm cellar and bury your eyes in a bag of road salt until it's all over.” ***
*** clipped and out of context from an article “How to Jinx Your Team”, Dan Carson Jan 2014

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Watch it. The only way to test your hypothesis but it is to be assumed that you are aware of Scrodinger's cat and the observer effect. My ask is that if we lose that you pledge never to watch a live GT sporting event ever again.

Although to be fair, there must be an uncountable number of us who tested our hypothesis AND THEN KEPT WATCHING FULLY AWARE OF WHAT OUR WATCHING WAS DOING TO THE BOTTOM LINE (OR W'S-L'S). How else do we account for the Collins years???????????
I've never left a game early and turned one off in despair, so missing these last two was tough enough to make me want to avoid a life long prohibition. Let's go GT Men.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Not only do I want you to watch, Midtown, but I ask that you keep the victory bourbon within arms reach.
My friend - this is exactly what I was hoping to see in my little gold heart of hearts.

Let's Swarm those suckers and ride high!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've never left a game early and turned one off in despair, so missing these last two was tough enough to make me want to avoid a life long prohibition. Let's go GT Men.
OK then. I will check the box score in the morning. We will all know then if you watched or chose to be a team player.

slugboy

Staff member

Ooh, we have him observe the game in a box, but we don’t observe him. We get both outcomes until we open the box

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Poll closed and I took the heavy burden of the outcome on my broad shoulders.

@AUFC knows what’s what- we’ll be toasting with blantons tonight!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Blanton is overrated as a single barrel. If anyone is interested in an alternative to the overpriced Blantons at $70-$80/bottle, DM me. I'd be happy to point you in a more economical direction.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Poll closed and I took the heavy burden of the outcome on my broad shoulders.

@AUFC knows what’s what- we’ll be toasting with blantons tonight!
How do we know that you didn't watch but said you did so you could watch future games where we lose but you don't get blamed for it?????