Marcus Marshall

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For the curious, he gained 31 yards in 9 carries yesterday in JMU's 52-10 route of East Tennessee State.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I hope he does well, my last memory of him will always be the effort he gave in dwag game. Glad he was here and good luck to him

Same. He did everything we asked of him even after he had decided to transfer, and played a crucial role in our win over the Dwags. While I was sad to see him leave, I'm not worried about the BB position in the slightest. KirVonte, Howard, and Quaide look like a hell of a platoon, and then Ponchez behind them is supposed to be strong too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo.
He would have also been an awesome a b - fast enough to get to edge and plenty of force and quickness to cut up field.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Sorry for Marcus that he got such poor advice form his dad. He passed on a quality education and a chance to play in a system that maximized his talent.

He left because at the time he was looking at 5 carries per game with Mills here. He didn't get bad advice. He was mishandled and under used when here.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
He left because at the time he was looking at 5 carries per game with Mills here. He didn't get bad advice. He was mishandled and under used when here.
Well, at least he would have been the second guy on a D1 major team. Now, apparently he's the second guy on an FCS team. Grass is always greener. Sometimes you just need a little patience.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

He was a very talented back who played well for us. Unfortunately for him he lost his starting job to a back who was simply better suited for that particular position and all it entails. No mishandling or underuse.

I don't see how he could be considered to have been mishandled and under used. He got plenty of snaps, even against the mutts when both he and Mills played. And his contribution to the Georgia game was spectacular. If he didn't get bad advice, then he certainly didn't think very clearly on his own.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don't see how he could be considered to have been mishandled and under used. He got plenty of snaps, even against the mutts when both he and Mills played. And his contribution to the Georgia game was spectacular. If he didn't get bad advice, then he certainly didn't think very clearly on his own.

lol, he got plenty of snaps when Mills was suspended. When both were playing he averaged 5.5 carries per game which was about a third of what Mills did in those game. This is after the year in which he was "beat out" by a pro style fullback who had carried it all of 14 times before and had no experience in the system, the predictably performed horribly.

He left because the staff made it clear they had no intentions of him being a featured back. He was always going to be the change of pace bback. So he left. And I don't blame him.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
If we're gonna put his stats out let's be fair and use all of them. He had 10 rushes for 88 yards and a touchdown in his first game with them. So he's not doing too bad.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
If we're gonna put his stats out let's be fair and use all of them. He had 10 rushes for 88 yards and a touchdown in his first game with them. So he's not doing too bad.
The other guy for JMU had 250+ that same game if we're REALLY going to be fair. So if his goal was to be the 'featured back', looks like he didn't achieve it. This week's game he had 9 carries while the other back and the QB had 10 apiece. He obviously didn't look seriously into our offense before he signed with Tech because there's no such thing as the 'feature back' in our offense. Sounds like he should have signed with Vandy or Wake, his other two D1 major offers to start with. I'm not bitter about him leaving. Our b-back situation is actually pretty solid with Benson and Howard. I just don't like this whole they mistreated me thing. If he was better than Mills or the guy from Stanford, he would have started. I remember he had some pretty serious fumblitis issues as a true frosh, and that's at least part of what kept him off the field. And when you break a big TD run against a JV squad like Alcorn State or Tulane, that does not qualify you as the messiah. Hey, thought I saw Jerry Howard do the same Saturday against Jax State. Hope he doesn't sulk now when Benson gets the start next game. He doesn't seem like the kind of kid who would. I don't know MM, but it sounds like there were ego and entitlement issues. He bailed on his team. I got nothing for him.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In his last three games as a Yellow Jacket he had 44 carries. That was more than any other Tech player. It was not even close. Mills had a ton of carries in the Gator Bowl, but Marshal had already departed by then. I think he wanted a different environment, so he left. No hard feelings and I wish him well.