Louisville Game Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I was in Nashville for the 2005 second round game when they jumped all over us early. Three after three and choked the life out of us with that full court press. I'm have a feeling tomorrow will go about the same way as it did back then. Atleast I won't have to hear there annoying *** C.A.R.D.S cheer for 2 straight hours.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was in Nashville for the 2005 second round game when they jumped all over us early. Three after three and choked the life out of us with that full court press. I'm have a feeling tomorrow will go about the same way as it did back then. Atleast I won't have to hear there annoying *** C.A.R.D.S cheer for 2 straight hours.
I was also at that game that was essentially a Louisville home game, in which they beat up on our injured carcass. Jack, Ish, & Elder were all dealing with injuries.

@RyanS12 the main challenge you face is that this game will be on ESPN in prime time and I'm guessing the current Ramblin Rates ticket promotion has allowed plenty of Louisville fans to get their hands on tickets.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Louisvilles one weakness is they are not a good 3pt shooting team

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I doubt it will be a brick fest. I do expect Rozier Snider and Blackshear to raise some serious hell with our guards though.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I was also at that game that was essentially a Louisville home game, in which they beat up on our injured carcass. Jack, Ish, & Elder were all dealing with injuries.

@RyanS12 the main challenge you face is that this game will be on ESPN in prime time and I'm guessing the current Ramblin Rates ticket promotion has allowed plenty of Louisville fans to get their hands on tickets.
I will be enjoying this one in my man cave. I try to make it down once a year to get back to a game but I just couldn't spend the money for what's going on the last few years. Notre Dame in South Bend being an the exception. 3 hr drive

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This does change things quite significantly. As Pea said, L'ville is not a good 3-pt shooting team. More importantly, they are a thin team offensively.
They only had 4 guys scoring more than 3 ppg in ACC games - Harrell, Jones, Rozier and Blackshear. Jones was second at 16 ppg. He was also by far their best defensive guard. Without him their press is not as good.

it also bears noting, if you don't score you can't set up your press. If I was GT I would double Harrell every time he touches the ball. He and Rozier are the 2 consistent scorers. Blackshear is a wildcard that primarily shoots 3's and is avg 8 ppg. Blackshear tend to be either really hot or really cold.

Not that GT is going to win this game, but this definately is helpful.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I can see us winning this game as much as I can see another loss. Louisville is not good right now especially without Jones. Not even top 25 good in my opinion. This smells like last year's Syracuse game where the ranking is misleading.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I can see us winning this game as much as I can see another loss. Louisville is not good right now especially without Jones. Not even top 25 good in my opinion. This smells like last year's Syracuse game where the ranking is misleading.
I agree 100%. Very similar. Miami had a better team IMO but a ton of similarities. I could see them blowing us out Like UNC... Just on athletic ability alone. Or... we can man up... and play fundamentally sound basketball and have a little pride and win 1 game you really probably aren't supposed to.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I don't think they blow us out, but I could see a game where neither team is able to score. This one could be ugly.