Injury Report

JEMJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Never saw a clear answer about Taquon Marshal. Seems strange we play a true freshman AB while everyone was healthy. Now we are down a few ABs and I haven't seen him at all.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not so sure guys. One has actually played in a game and looked pretty good. The other is pure speculation. There was a guy a couple years back that everyone billed up to be pretty good on speculation...didn't quite work out
This ^^^

MJ will play IF he can beat out the competition.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
FWIW, I happen to meet MJ's grandmother at the Tech Hotel the day of the Pitt game. When I asked her how things were going for him she made a comment that all he wanted to do is play. I said obviously that was the plan at AB before TB got hurt and when I mentioned he's only one injury away from getting all the playing time he could wish for she still sounded frustrated for him.
Well I for one hope that he sees a lot of game time tomorrow because we're up so big in the fourth!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Nesbit qb = tall strong , leader, gets needed yards against 2, get good yards against 1, poor passer unless great receiver.
Thomas qb = short , very fast, quick, sees future, gets minimal yards against 2, gets good to great yards against 1, good passer to sideline but must have lane.

Will being a taller good passer be given a higher priority in new qb? I think yes. (Unless we miraculously find nfl talented wr to bail us out) or there is another super athlete. .

Ratliff had that in high school and was a top recruit. byerly had it here but we went with speed against 2 ( and we are starting to make that work after 5 losses)

After thomas
Not that we will be pass happy!!
But when we do it will be from a pockets that are set up not to overcome the qb lack of height. This has been very limiting not successful.. Also we all know coach wants to make real passes not dink passes. We will value accurate timely passing because we will have experienced junior and senior wr and ditto ab. Passing will not be so limited it is AN ADVENTURE when we do it. It will be a THREAT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why so many are sold on CC.

Because they haven't seen him play yet, therefore they can project unreasonable expectations on him. High School highlights are totally different from playing P5 level football.

I think CC is a great athlete and will be a good player somewhere on the field...I'm not sold 100% his future is at QB though.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I tell guys all the time at my firm when they get hungry to get to the next level that the most important thing in life is momentum. You want to get to that next level after you're ready so you come in hot and on top as opposed to taking shots on the job.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
People should give some weight to the insiders on this board. If you read enough, you can tell who is somewhat connected.

That said, I am not connected but thought CC may be the next big possibility due to his fall practice. CC had some great video leaked from fall practice. I also thought there was some mention of him not being perfect or good, but very quickly picking up on the system.

I thought MJ was looking to get on the field as a WR or AB as a sign he was moving. MJ could still be the next one or TM or CC and we all know it will only be decided through hard work and best on the practice field results.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm betting on Jordan, mainly because the young man has the main qualification for our O at QB: he can run. Further, he can run with power and with a touch of speed. That and his game experience, limited though it is (and may it continue to be), should be enough. Like the Cheese, I don't think either Campbell to T. Marshall is game changer enough to take the position.

But, hey, that's what practice is for. We'll know directly, one way or another.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
People should give some weight to the insiders on this board. If you read enough, you can tell who is somewhat connected.

That said, I am not connected but thought CC may be the next big possibility due to his fall practice. CC had some great video leaked from fall practice. I also thought there was some mention of him not being perfect or good, but very quickly picking up on the system.

I thought MJ was looking to get on the field as a WR or AB as a sign he was moving. MJ could still be the next one or TM or CC and we all know it will only be decided through hard work and best on the practice field results.

Day,
IF IF CC can learn to hit passes he has a good chance to be the QB.If not he will like Nesbitt without BayBay probably--is my take.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A transfer would surprise me a little.

I certainly hope you are right Doc. I think he is a good talented player. I like him at QB and AB. Think he could be successful at either. Where I was coming from primarily is worry that he might become impatient for PT. I think it's hard for guys to "wait their turn". They all want to play. And I may be wrong on this but I think it's harder for QB types to wait than for other positions. It's easier for other positions to start to get reps and get more as they improve. Starting QBs typically don't come out except for injury and garbage time and that really limits backups' reps comparatively. I think all of the above makes QBs a bit more likely to transfer for PT. I want to keep all of our guys though. There isn't one who can't help us at multiple positions. And all seem like high character guys.