Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I think the Atlanta set up for us probably causes more consternation including all that goes into 40 year plan type recruiting, the assets are here , Atlanta companies, executives, mentors, professional football, the black capital of America, lots of opportunity, and on and on. I love the idea of making this an elite place for elite athletes to become successful in their life endeavors. All this scares the hell out of them, they see that it can be pulled off. We just need to stick to our guns, our plan, execute and not worry about the dogs.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
20191214_145838.jpg
Meanwhile... Georgia taking kids to a gun range on their OVs... Wow!

Last edited:

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the Atlanta set up for us probably causes more consternation including all that goes into 40 year plan type recruiting, the assets are here , Atlanta companies, executives, mentors, professional football, the black capital of America, lots of opportunity, and on and on. I love the idea of making this an elite place for elite athletes to become successful in their life endeavors. All this scares the hell out of them, they see that it can be pulled off. We just need to stick to our guns, our plan, execute and not worry about the dogs.
Exactly. I never knew about the OV restriction that you could only do activities X miles from campus. I never thought about what "premium" roach motel the Dwags were stuck with for their recruits to stay in while we can put ours up in the W.

Actually landing recruits is different, but we have no reason not to be the hottest OV in the country which will get us on a lot of premium short-lists.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Have we got any commits that they offered? When we start beating them in head to head recruiting they will be worried. Maybe we are, I hope so. I don’t have time to follow it close enough to know.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Have we got any commits that they offered? When we start beating them in head to head recruiting they will be worried. Maybe we are, I hope so. I don’t have time to follow it close enough to know.

We aren't at the moment, no, but we have before in the Gailey years and can again if we get our house in order (looking at you on the Hill) and show recruits we can win and get them to the league.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I get what we are trying to spin here, I do, but how does this translate into neverousness on their part? If anything, it's mockery at best. All of those things were part of GC's "juice" injection which has livened the fan base, sure, but also given our rivals ammo against us. The clowns from the cesspool just mopped the floor with us for a 3rd straight year, were a game away from the playoffs again, are cleaning up in recruiting once again and have huge advantage in talent then us. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I think we're reaching a bit...THWG always and forever!

Just my $0.02
Huh? You think UGA actually took the time to design and construct a display specifically for recruiting visits in order to mock Geoff Collins? How does that make any sense for them? How would recruits or anybody even pick up on it being mocking? They put this together because GT has made a focused effort to recapture Atlanta as a part of their brand and have largely succeeded in doing so. UGA is trying to take it back with the display, but it's having the opposite effect from the Twitter reactions. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't blatantly using things Collins adopted over a year ago (e.g. Waffle House). Next they'll be handing out coaches' business cards in the shape of a football player and doing Game of Thrones themed workouts.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Huh? You think UGA actually took the time to design and construct a display specifically for recruiting visits in order to mock Geoff Collins? How does that make any sense for them? How would recruits or anybody even pick up on it being mocking? They put this together because GT has made a focused effort to recapture Atlanta as a part of their brand and have largely succeeded in doing so. UGA is trying to take it back with the display, but it's having the opposite effect from the Twitter reactions. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't blatantly using things Collins adopted over a year ago (e.g. Waffle House). Next they'll be handing out coaches' business cards in the shape of a football player and doing Game of Thrones themed workouts.

Could be. Who knows? It's all opinion driven. Only bowl cut Kirby and that band of losers out there know the truth behind it.