I'm starting to hate FSU fans.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd feel a lot worse about our chances if GT fans were making the decision. Our own fans have a more negative opinion of us than most outsiders.
I do not disagree however, when you think about the lack of discussion regarding GT's future it does not bode well. Would lead you to believe that we are heading to the BIG12 if we are lucky. My guess is we are in a watered down ACC which will more resemble the American conference than the SEC, BIG10 or big12.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I do not disagree however, when you think about the lack of discussion regarding GT's future it does not bode well. Would lead you to believe that we are heading to the BIG12 if we are lucky. My guess is we are in a watered down ACC which will more resemble the American conference than the SEC, BIG10 or big12.
I think the Big 12 would like additional teams in the Southeast to go with UCF which is on an island today. Put in GT, one of the Florida Schools and some of the NC schools and that would round out the conference nicely. That being said, if there is any hope in getting into one of the two major conferences, that would obviously be preferred.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Atlanta is darn hard to ignore. And by my reckoning, when invites begin again 3 years down the road, we will be on a successful run and have appeared in the ACCCG, possibly champions. I really like what Key is doing and I think we are going to reap benefits.

An invite today? No.

An invite in 3 years after we imitate what Clemson did 2010 - 2020? Count on it.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I think the Big 12 would like additional teams in the Southeast to go with UCF which is on an island today. Put in GT, one of the Florida Schools and some of the NC schools and that would round out the conference nicely. That being said, if there is any hope in getting into one of the two major conferences, that would obviously be preferred.
This will probably sound little arrogant and maybe even short sighted, but I hope we’re never seriously having talks about B12 membership.
Yeah, I know anything can happen and the B12 could look very different in a few years, but color me unimpressed.
If we reach that point, I just feel like a lot of things will have gone very wrong for us (and around us).

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This will probably sound little arrogant and maybe even short sighted, but I hope we’re never seriously having talks about B12 membership.
Yeah, I know anything can happen and the B12 could look very different in a few years, but color me unimpressed.
If we reach that point, I just feel like a lot of things will have gone very wrong for us (and around us).
Agreed, Big 12 membership does not interest me at all. We have more historical football success and academic superiority than any current Big 12 member.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Atlanta is darn hard to ignore. And by my reckoning, when invites begin again 3 years down the road, we will be on a successful run and have appeared in the ACCCG, possibly champions. I really like what Key is doing and I think we are going to reap benefits.

An invite today? No.

An invite in 3 years after we imitate what Clemson did 2010 - 2020? Count on it.
Basketball hopefully will be on the up by then too, recruiting is definitely trending up for us in that sport. A LOT of our future success or lack thereof is going to depend on how much we as fans and alumni are willing to contribute to paying these kids to come here and stay here if they are starter quality.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I guarantee when we win, it will be about how FSU has problems and how they are still haunted from last year. Never a mention on our own rise and what Key is putting together.
Don't forget how much of the entire commentary from pregame onward will focus on FSU and what they have to do this year. And how everything happened last year. And what their new QB needs to do. And what his history was. And how good their kicker is. And how good their punter is. And...

(Oh, and they're playing Georgia Tech.)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
at first I felt bad for them after the playoff snub. but after uga destroyed them and how they STILL aren't over it and are coming up with conspiracy theories with kirk herbstreit pisses me off. he had nothing to do with the committee's decision. move on. season's been over for three months.

On twitter they keep threatening and harassing Kirk. I've never loved Kirk but I never hated him either. I'm indifferent about him. He does his job and seems like a quality human. I feel terrible for him bc FSU fans just don't let it go.

I hope we humble these hillbillies real quick in Ireland.
STARTING!? You're STARTING to hate FSU fans!!??

I mean it took you long enough. I've hated them for - what is it now? - 30 years. The biggest collection of poor sports south of UNC is how I've always read them. I truly, truly hope the Jackets whip them in Ireland.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

I mean it took you long enough. I've hated them for - what is it now? - 30 years. The biggest collection of poor sports south of UNC is how I've always read them. I truly, truly hope the Jackets whip them in Ireland.
When they tried to twist Hamilton's Knee or broke our WR's Jaw. Dirty!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Technically, they are southeast of (u)NC… and if you’re going to allow that sort of longitudinal latitude, then you are dead wrong. (u)GA fans take that title.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
In the ranking of hate FSU doesn’t crack my top 20. They’ve never done anything against GT for me to hate them. In fact, they’ve given GT some of our biggest wins in our history