if tech was in the national championship game....

which team would you like to be playing against?

• georgia

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • alabama

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • auburn

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • notre dame

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • ohio state

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • michigan

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • oklahoma

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • florida state

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • other

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
My choice was Bama, mainly because I'm around uga fans all the time and they have an obsession with Bama. They want to be them and think they will be once Kirby gets all of his recruits in and all of Richts non talented guys out. Nobody is better than them in their eyes, and that would be the only way to get any respect out of them.

They are closer talent wise to Alabama than they have been in a long time but they are kidding themselves if they think that the cupboard was bare for Kirby. It wasn't and he knows it. They should be more obsessed with beating Florida and Tennessee.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Beat UGA in regular season. The win the SEC Title. WE win the ACC Title. To beat them for the second time in same season for the Nattty would be glorious!

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
My dream season is that uga goes undefeated and beats us as our only loss in a close game. Their fans will be so close to finally winning the big one. They get the 1 seed and squash the 4 seed. We get the 3 seed and eek out a win. The state is set we are huge underdogs and uga fans salivating over their first natty in 40 years.

We go down 28-0 first half. We come out on fire in second half and win 42-28 with 2 pick six and good special team play and have the ball for 14:10 in 4 qtr on two death march td drives (they throw 70 yard bomb which receiver catches at our 5 but fumbles with big hit with score 35/28 and that's our final death match td. Our final score is a b back dive from the 5 as time expires.

Tell me a more glorious scenario?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My dream season is that uga goes undefeated and beats us as our only loss in a close game. Their fans will be so close to finally winning the big one. They get the 1 seed and squash the 4 seed. We get the 3 seed and eek out a win. The state is set we are huge underdogs and uga fans salivating over their first natty in 40 years.

We go down 28-0 first half. We come out on fire in second half and win 42-28 with 2 pick six and good special team play and have the ball for 14:10 in 4 qtr on two death march td drives (they throw 70 yard bomb which receiver catches at our 5 but fumbles with big hit with score 35/28 and that's our final death match td. Our final score is a b back dive from the 5 as time expires.

We go undefeated beating undefeated Bama, u[sic]ga loses every game by double digits.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
We go undefeated beating undefeated Bama, u[sic]ga loses every game by double digits.

I like that for season 2 - our second straight NC and UGA fades into obscurity, BUT the UGA pain will be more intense coming so close in the first scenario

:D:D:D:D:D

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I would rather not lose to them at all. Maybe have us still meet them in the national championship game, but us still win the regular season came with their fans saying it was because of the refs.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, if we are in the natty game it pretty much means UGA would not be. We do play them last after all.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, if we are in the natty game it pretty much means UGA would not be. We do play them last after all.

A one loss (to undefeated ACC champ) u[sic]ga who beats an undefeated Bama in SEC championship game might make the playoffs.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
A one loss (to undefeated ACC champ) u[sic]ga who beats an undefeated Bama in SEC championship game might make the playoffs.

I think a 1 loss SEC Champ with their sole loss coming from the ACC Champ, in what one would assume would be a close game, would likely make the playoff. I dont see many scenarios where a 1 loss SEC Champ gets left out.