How do we keep Singleton?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Brown went to USCe because he didn't have faith in our offense.
Nate McCollum went to UNC because he wanted to play in a better passing offense and most likely got some NIL $$.

Seriously, given the slap dash offense and unserious head coach the last few years, can you blame them?

Singleton is the product of talent, PLUS a good passing offense and a good QB. If Singleton leaves, it won't be because of the offense. WRs leave to find a situation that GT has on offense. King will be much better, and our OL will be better. Singleton is most likely already on the radar of the NFL, so if he leaves, it's because a school gave him a ridiculous amount of $$$. GT will pay him some NIL $$$, so I don't think it'll be as big of a deal as some of us make it. There's something to be said for staying in a system and getting better as opposed to trying to learn a new system elsewhere and having to fight off other 4 and 5 star WRs at another school and having your draft grade drop. Ask McCollum and Brown, who were our most talented WRs at the time, how it is trying to fight for catches at new school.

Singleton will most likely have a LOT of options at the end of the season, but don't discount what GT brings to the table.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Doubtful, most of Mississippi gets stuck somewhere between C and D.
I see, see, see, see what you did there. It's not funny.....

Playing Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking back at the transfer portal from 247sports, we about broke even with players in vs out.

However, we ended up way ahead on the production, particularly on offense.

Walton was probably the biggest loss for our defense.

From what I've read and heard, most of the departed players have had mediocre success at their new school. Seven didn't even find a new school.

That being said, if we were able to accomplish a net positive group in the portal with a new head coach, unknown offensive scheme, and probably not the best NIL deals out there, then we should be in a better position next year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at the transfer portal from 247sports, we about broke even with players in vs out.

However, we ended up way ahead on the production, particularly on offense.

Walton was probably the biggest loss for our defense.

From what I've read and heard, most of the departed players have had mediocre success at their new school. Seven didn't even find a new school.

That being said, if we were able to accomplish a net positive group in the portal with a new head coach, unknown offensive scheme, and probably not the best NIL deals out there, then we should be in a better position next year.

The DL guys just hurt from rotation and freshness perspective. It would have allowed us to bring along a Lockett as like 7th tackle in as opposed to third or fourth.