Honeycomb Helmets for Sale

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Plenty of other D1 teams sell off old equipment too. I’m glad we’re doing this but it’s not some super innovate thing guys.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
As the time gets closer, I’m actually considering trying to snag one. The email I got and article on rr.com I read didn’t specify, but does anyone know what kind of options will be available when the sale goes live? i.e. will the site say whose helmet is for sale and which game it was from? I guess it doesn’t matter much, but it would be a cool story to go along with the helmet if we knew who was wearing it in which game.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I love this idea, but this part of the note gives me a sad:
“The white "honeycomb" helmet design is being discontinued as part of Georgia Tech athletics' brand refinement and transition to adidas.”
I really would have liked to see adidas play around with a hexacomb design as part of our branding. It has the potential to be a unique identifier, plus I dig geometric patterns.
Yes...if some one could play around and come up with a 3-D version (as I've seen on these boards within the past 2 weeks) use it in combination with the GT logo, and incorporate it into some special every-so-often uniform and used on the helmet...that's what we need. The chicken wire is/was dumb but a 3-D honeycomb could be innovative and unique to GT.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
So I guess I shouldn’t mention how much I paid for my helmet?

But by all means, spend the $600 as we are trying build our program
I did a quick search and a game used ole miss helmet was going for 590 and probably doesn’t include shipping.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Once the new wordmark starts appearing all over the stadiums, do you feel that they will sell the old signage? I’d be very interested in several pieces.