#GTvsMIA Postgame

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Some actual thoughts:

Defense played pretty well against one of the more talented offenses we’ll face. The tackling was way better. It’s just one game, but the defensive change looks like a big improvement. After a bye week under the new leadership, I would think our defense would be even better for BC. Also, sometimes people just need to be put in the right spots to shine. The DBs looked pretty good this week. Maybe Thacker can shine as a DB coach? He still has a relationship with these kids and he knows our personnel. The demotion instead of firing may prove to be a very smart move by Key.

Offense was inconsistent, but never gave up and made plays when it mattered. Let’s not forget Weatherford’s catch the play before the TD. Our offensive line seemed to pass protect pretty well, but King held the ball too long a few times. I think King will take the next step if he starts running more and committing to the scramble quicker in plays. Buster needs to improve his play calling. I don’t think I’d give any of the 6 games higher than a B- as far as offensive play calling.

Overall, Key is 3-2 against ranked teams on the road through 14 games at Tech and 3-0 against ranked ACC teams. Regardless of the how(ifs and or buts), this is becoming a trend and he should be commended for it. These are the kind of trends to hang your hat on and hopefully are signs that the BG game was growing pains of a rebuilding program and not a sign of who Key is as a coach.

We’re 3-3 halfway through the season. A bowl game and winning season are still in play. Let’s get it!

Also this was great medicine for me after the Braves **** the bed!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have not been on this site since the 1st drive of the second half last week. I have distanced myself from everything GT Football for the whole week. I had no idea of the coaching assignment changes. I watched the game on a 30 minute delay because of other obligations. I paused it when King was intercepted at 17-17. An hour later I decided to watch skip with the sound off. I turned on the sound during the fumble review (which I think was the wrong call, but am grateful they called it the way they did).

I think this win was worthy of my last pour of the 2017 William Larue Weller in my cabinet.

1696740120108.jpeg