GT Wins a Couple Herbie Awards

JEMJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'll keep my snarky comment about him leaving the acc out of the playoffs out of this conversation... :)

Pretty exciting to see the level of respect JT earned in the final few games of the season last year.

Doing everything I can to keep my expectations for this season in check!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Kirk Herbstreit picks GT over FSU for the ACC Championship. Has us missing the playoffs.

Selected Justin Thomas as the most exciting player in college football.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...winners-2015-kirk-herbstreit-college-football
I get the playoff omission if only because it is going to be subjective, and the way to get there is not just to win but win big, and win big on national TV. Not just in November, but through the year, starting with ND. That's two games in front of where I want to be, Alcorn State. But Herbstreit is and has been a fan of Johnson's spread option since the Navy days and his ACC championship game analyst role was top rate though he blew a couple of the optioned players in his diagrams. He recognizes Thomas for what he is: an explosion waiting for the football, because something is going to happen. He is the only player in college football I feel that way about. Nice to see it national recognized, and he surely didn't hurt himself with the Houdini acts in the OB.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone tell me a year where there were 5 undefeated teams from the Power 5 conferences? If that ever happens there will be chaos under this system. Until then, any undefeated teams from the Power 5 are guaranteed a playoff spot.
An undefeated ND could blow up that scenario.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
All the cool kids are picking the ACC champ to be left out of the playoffs.

Probably because of this:
b2a3de50-9220-11e4-ad94-35fd53230c0e_jameis-gif.gif

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It seems to me that picking the ACC to be left out assumes two things: 1) The ACC champ will have at least 1 loss; 2) The other P5 champs will have at least as good a record. I can't imagine that an undefeated ACC champ would get left out in favor of a 1-loss team or that a 1-loss ACC champ would get left out for a 2-loss team. If that were to happen, we need to burn the sucker down.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
And your point would be?
Umm, F$U stunk up the joint in the Rose Bowl. That play is that game's popular take-away in one nugget. Then the Ducks went on to lose big to a team that in every year prior to last would not have been anywhere near the championship game. Thus the cool kids conclude:

ACC should have not have been in the final four last year - and last year is the only thing anyone has to predict this year. So . . .

Obviously the ACC sucks, will continue to suck and has no shot at the playoff in 2015.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Then the Ducks went on to lose big to a team that in every year prior to last would not have been anywhere near the championship game.

Ohio State was one win away (Michigan State in the Big 10 Championship) from going to the National Championship in 2013. In 2012, they were undefeated but weren't allowed to play in the postseason. Not including last year, they were 24-2 in their last two seasons. 38-3 if you count last year. They didn't just magically get good overnight.