GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Ucf offense is very good. 8th in total yards per game… I hope we travel well but ucf will likely have the equivalent to home field advantage. Massive test and program momentum game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The location our players liked best (that I know about) was what is now the Idaho Potatoe bowl. It was the Humanitarian bowl in those days (2003) and our players loved it. See, most of them were from Florida and Georgia and had never seen snow in serious amount5s. They got parkas and an introduction to sking and all kinds os winter stuff. Then Tech beat Tulsa 52 - 10 in the game. Or, too be more exact, P. J. Daniels ran all over them ( 31 carries, 307 yards). After the game a group of the players came to Chan and said, "Coach, if we win the ACC next year, can we come back here?" Gailey's reply is not recorded.

Let's hope our team has a similar experience this year Personally, I expect a shootout of the first order.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The location our players liked best (that I know about) was what is now the Idaho Potatoe bowl. It was the Humanitarian bowl in those days (2003) and our players loved it. See, most of them were from Florida and Georgia and had never seen snow in serious amount5s. They got parkas and an introduction to sking and all kinds os winter stuff. Then Tech beat Tulsa 52 - 10 in the game. Or, too be more exact, P. J. Daniels ran all over them ( 31 carries, 307 yards). After the game a group of the players came to Chan and said, "Coach, if we win the ACC next year, can we come back here?" Gailey's reply is not recorded.

Let's hope our team has a similar experience this year Personally, I expect a shootout of the first order.
Did any of the team gets skis strapped on and "introduced" to skiing? :)

GT33

Helluva Engineer

Been to a lot of bowl games.

Citrus Bowl was the best. Sea World prior day part was pretty damn good along with Church St afterwards.

Humanitarian Bowl was #2 EXCEPT for watching out basketball team get completely jobbed against the mutt at that alumni function (the day before?). New Year’s Eve hockey was kinda neat and it dumped a bunch of snow on the mountain so skiing was a blast in the fresh powder. Top it off PJ was unstoppable.

2014 Orange Bowl rivaled the Citrus Bowl for best game.

Both times ‘90 and ‘14 we curb stomped what was believed to be a much superior opponent.

Great memories.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Been to a lot of bowl games.

Citrus Bowl was the best. Sea World prior day part was pretty damn good along with Church St afterwards.

Humanitarian Bowl was #2 EXCEPT for watching out basketball team get completely jobbed against the mutt at that alumni function (the day before?). New Year’s Eve hockey was kinda neat and it dumped a bunch of snow on the mountain so skiing was a blast in the fresh powder. Top it off PJ was unstoppable.

2014 Orange Bowl rivaled the Citrus Bowl for best game.

Both times ‘90 and ‘14 we curb stomped what was believed to be a much superior opponent.

Great memories.
I had a Bama friend of mine tell me he thought GA Tech could perhaps beat Bama that year. Couldn't believe my ears.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
It's Tampa's mardi gras, based on a fictional pirate invasion. in years past, the players would get some beach time, go to Busch Gardens, do lots of fun stuff.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope the players are showing more gratitude for this bowl game than the fans are, I'll say that much. Not going to just be able to waltz into Birmingham against a hungry Sun Belt champion and sleepwalk to a win.
I’m fired up for Ga Tech. What happened to playing Troy? UCFis favored to win they better show up ready to play. Its been a fun year folks I’ve had fun with y’all.