GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
so we are the number 10 or 11 selection, finished 4th in ACC, and several teams we beat were selected before us. Shows how little respect we get from the ACC.
We're putting 30,000 people in Bobby Dodd Stadium every week and a large chunk are away fans. What bowl game actually wants one of the tiniest fan bases in P5? We're a fanbase that doesn't vote with our dollars...hell we couldn't even put 7,500 in McCamish until Duke showed up.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We're putting 30,000 people in Bobby Dodd Stadium every week and a large chunk are away fans. What bowl game actually wants one of the tiniest fan bases in P5? We're a fanbase that doesn't vote with our dollars...hell we couldn't even put 7,500 in McCamish until Duke showed up.
Because, after years of ineptitude, we lost to UMass-Lowell and got utterly blown out by Cincinnati. Winning create followers.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here's what is going to be interesting...how many current players on both rosters will enter the Portal before this game? That will have a major impact on the outcome. With Kyle and Kenan graduating and moving on, I don't know if entering the portal means you can't play, but being Grad Transfers, I could see them playing if they and the staff wanted to make it happen. That being said, I think entering the portal means you're off the team (without losing access). I would say that GT has more depth than Troy (even though we're thin).

slugboy

Staff member
Here's what is going to be interesting...how many current players on both rosters will enter the Portal before this game? That will have a major impact on the outcome. With Kyle and Kenan graduating and moving on, I don't know if entering the portal means you can't play, but being Grad Transfers, I could see them playing if they and the staff wanted to make it happen. That being said, I think entering the portal means you're off the team (without losing access). I would say that GT has more depth than Troy (even though we're thin).
Apparently you could play even if you’re in the portal, but I haven’t heard of it happening. If you get injured, you’re a lot less desirable as a transfer, your (former) coaching staff has to wonder if you’re “all in” for the game, and if the player has an (illegal) unspoken arrangement then the new team surely doesn’t want the player participating.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a tough matchup. The second tier matchups tend to be tougher since it’s often a P5 vs a hungry G5 instead of two P5s with similar outcomes…

If this draw came up during the Gailey or Johnson years, I’d be really worried about our motivation. Given the bowl draught from years of ineptitude, I think we’ll come ready to play. I don’t there’s much to question that Troy will be ready.

Birmingham is nearly equidistant to both schools - roughly 150 miles away. But I anticipate it feeling like an away game. Probably a lot more local Troy people than Tech people. I’ll be there to do my part.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I like this location
It helps me save my coins for the W in Dub-Lin...
FSU will NOT be the best opponent for that game..Im sure they will be mad and out for revenge....
Those of yall pissing about Birmingham, are yall showing your support in Dublin?

Make sure yall make it to Trinity College for the pep rallies!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Damn, Bowling Green got a better bowl than us. Guess we hooked them up. They did beat us worse than the mutts did.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
We'll beat them by 25 points. If we don't or if we lose, it's because our guys didn't think they needed to put in the effort. I don't see that happening.
You legitimately have no idea what you’re talking about. If we only lose it’s because we didn’t try? That sounds like what a child says after losing a game of kickball at recess. What are we doing here?