GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

GT33

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I get it, Birmingham is not an attractive destination. However, we haven't been bowling in 5 years. We would have given a lot the last 5 years to go bowling.

From a football matchup, this is a good team we're playing. Show up and show out.
We went to Birmingham when Curry got us out of the ditch. Bowl sucked but we hadn’t sniffed one in a long time

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We will be lucky to win even if we take it seriously. They’re a very strong team
This talk makes no sense to me. We almost beat the "#1" team in the nation last week and you're saying we'll be lucky to beat a Sunbelt team. That only happens if this team doesn't take Troy seriously. That's not going to happen. This is the first time we've been to a bowl in 6 years. These players aren't going to look past anything, especially a chance for a winning record this year. We're going to take their lunch money and send them home crying to mama.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
This talk makes no sense to me. We almost beat the "#1" team in the nation last week and you're saying we'll be lucky to beat a Sunbelt team. That only happens if this team doesn't take Troy seriously. That's not going to happen. This is the first time we've been to a bowl in 6 years. These players aren't going to look past anything, especially a chance for a winning record this year. We're going to take their lunch money and send them home crying to mama.
I mean I hope we do but this team also got blown off the field by Bowling Green. Key better have them focused for the bowl game

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Troy early 6 point favorites.

whiskeyClear

Georgia Tech Fan
Any G5 matchup is a lose-lose game from an outsider's perspective imo. Win and people will dismiss you for "just" beating some G5 team (no one cares to know if they won their conference). Lose and it looks worse than any P5 loss.

I'm personally super excited for us to be in any bowl, and I think Key can keep the players' heads straight about it. Just disappointed we couldn't get a matchup a more casual fan would be impressed by.

Last edited: