GT vs. f$u Ireland Game Tickets

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I rarely sit in the seats I buy. I’ll purchase one last minute for cheap in the 500 level and end up sitting somewhere else. There’s going to be plenty of seats to choose from.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple of questions:

1- is there any idea of how the general sale price will be different than the ones through Tech?
2- Can somebody remind me which side we are on? The last thing I want to to is be stuck sitting in the FSU section having to listen to them do the spelling bee chant

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
A couple of questions:

1- is there any idea of how the general sale price will be different than the ones through Tech?
2- Can somebody remind me which side we are on? The last thing I want to to is be stuck sitting in the FSU section having to listen to them do the spelling bee chant
Someone from the GT Football page posted the following info. from them having access to the ticketmaster.ie pre-sale:
1000009180.jpg

The sections GT was selling tickets in, which are in the West stands :
1000009184.jpg

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m curious if anyone has booked flights from ATL to DUB for this game / weekend and may have any tips?

I can’t get my head around the cost of airfare. I flew my family from ATL to DUB in 2018 (Delta nonstop) for $550 a person round trip. That same flight is currently priced at $5,767 a person round trip, over a 1000% increase, six years later. Inflation is a ***** but this is insanity.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m curious if anyone has booked flights from ATL to DUB for this game / weekend and may have any tips?

I can’t get my head around the cost of airfare. I flew my family from ATL to DUB in 2018 (Delta nonstop) for $550 a person round trip. That same flight is currently priced at $5,767 a person round trip, over a 1000% increase, six years later. Inflation is a ***** but this is insanity.
Flight to O'hare from ATL, then a direct flight to Dublin from O'hare was significantly cheaper when we booked flights in January. Also staying until Tuesday after the game because it was significantly cheaper than returning Sunday or Monday (again, at least when we booked in Jan.).

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

I'm not sure why you aren't using market principles here to book one of the $900 round trip flights with a layover rather than the Delta nonstop trip. Just use a flight aggregator like Google Flights and it will assemble trips from all types of carriers. I agree this trip is really expensive though.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Flight to O'hare from ATL, then a direct flight to Dublin from O'hare was significantly cheaper when we booked flights in January. Also staying until Tuesday after the game because it was significantly cheaper than returning Sunday or Monday (again, at least when we booked in Jan.).
I got an extremely inexpensive fare a couple of months ago, but ATL to DUB through London. I DUB to London on Monday, and then London to ATL on Tuesday.

FatherOfSeven

Georgia Tech Fan

We found that a round trip direct Delta flight to Paris from Atlanta plus an economy round trip Paris/Dublin on Air Lingus (bearable 2 hr flight in economy on an airline similar to Frontier or Spirit) was a little cheaper than flying to Dublin direct or with layovers here in America on any airline (not to mention the bonus of a couple of days in Paris for us). You might look into something like that if your schedule allows and you would enjoy a little city hopping to a European city that interests you. We also found that there are better rates flying out of Birmingham AL if that is a possible drive for you. Finally, we also saw significant rate differences depending on the days you fly, so play with that if you have flexibility.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple of questions:

A couple of questions:

Easy solution, buy the tickets through Tech!

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow, does Dublin hate Atlanta for some reason? Just checked based on this thread my local west coast ticket prices vs out of Atlanta (Delta for both to try to be fair) and !!!! wtf

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wow, does Dublin hate Atlanta for some reason? Just checked based on this thread my local west coast ticket prices vs out of Atlanta (Delta for both to try to be fair) and !!!! wtf
It's basic supply and demand? There are loads of Free Shoes grads and Georgia Tech grads in Atlanta buying tickets (and flights) to this game - more than any other city.