GT - Miss St Orange Bowl

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I think this will be a FSU type game for us. If we cant get any pressure no matter what we will lose by a couple. If we play better on D line and can force some hurried throws I like our chances. Prescott will be a huge challenge, but our guys will be ready to go. Alot on the line with this one. ACC needs to make some noise in the postseason.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Rats! MSUs is my second favorite team. I hate it when Tech plays them since it makes it so hard to really root for the Jackets.

Also, I think Prescott is a very hard QB to contain. I anticipate a game a lot like last night and I hope we can make TDs on every opportunity. Their D is good, but we've done ok against good Ds for weeks now. The real question will be our D against their O. That's more problematic.

Still, it's a great matchup for the program and I don't see why we can't win the game. They're certainly no better then Clemson, Ugag, or FSU and we won 2 out of 3 against that lineup.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
We played the # 3 team last night and get the # 7 team in the bowl. Valuable measuring stick.
I had rather play the # 7 team than the # 8, in particular when it is from the big bad SEC.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
GA Tech stats:

www.statmilk.com/NCAAF/Team/255/?

Mississippi State stats:

www.statmilk.com/NCAAF/Team/430/?

Looking at Miss State, their Defense isn't nearly as imposing as I anticipated...seem good against the run; bad against the pass so we may be able to take advantage of our play action.

Also, their Defense seems to wear out in the 4th quarter and offense seems to be able to put up points in the 4th quarter, according to the stats, so...

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
This is another, "get respect" game. Gonna have alot better tv ratings than mich st would. Alot more of a reward for winning and more recruits will watch this game

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Miss st a tougher match for us than UGA. Their front 4 pretty close to as good as Clemsons.

As an aside I thought clemson was the best front 7 we faced and FSU had the best back 7...LBs and DBs....that back 7 flew to the ball.

With Smelter out id rather not face a strong front 7.

Their QB will give us fits...just like UNC and FSU QBs did.

Will be another tough game. Like our chances but will need to play at a high level again.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Hypothetical question- if we had won vs FSU, would we be in the Orange Bowl? I assume neither FSU nor GT would be in the playoff and the Orange Bowl would take the highest ranked ACC team which would have still been FSU? Just curious about this.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
ACC champ goes to orange regardless of rankings...unless the champ goes to playoffs...then the highest ranked ACC goes to orange as replacement

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Hypothetical question- if we had won vs FSU, would we be in the Orange Bowl? I assume neither FSU nor GT would be in the playoff and the Orange Bowl would take the highest ranked ACC team which would have still been FSU? Just curious about this.
Still would have been us if we won cause the OB gets the ACC champion, only takes next highest ranked if champion is in Playoff.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

No. Orange has to select the ACC Champ. The only way they take number 2 is if the champ goes to the playoff. So we were going to Orange if we won.