GT Hoops Assistant Coaches Hot List

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think Shwartz is is likely to be made a permanent asst- he been recruiting his a** off since he was moved up. I think they will bring in someone from outside for the final spot.

Shwartz certainly has appeared to be working his rear off.

I noticed that school in Athens was similarly putting Hayes' face out there a lot early on. Then .... nothing .... now, Chad Dollar's in all the tweet-pics. Hmmm ...

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I think we knew this already, but...

Seems this will increase the chances that Hayes stays at UGA. Technically, increases our chances of getting him also, but I just don't see that happening to begin with.

relieved.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
To be fair, the celebration is mainly due to uGA not being able to retain their man. As such, I reserve the right to be giddy despite dtm's wet blanketness.

On the Xavier stuff, their board has been mentioning Hayes as one being targeted by Steele. As if they don't have enough success pulling guys out of this state. That wouldn't be good for us either.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To be fair, the celebration is mainly due to uGA not being able to retain their man. As such, I reserve the right to be giddy despite dtm's wet blanketness.

On the Xavier stuff, their board has been mentioning Hayes as one being targeted by Steele. As if they don't have enough success pulling guys out of this state. That wouldn't be good for us either.

https://twitter.com/CoachJonas

Recent followers/following would support Xavier.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hagans was not expected to end back up at UGA and this will not help.
Will be somewhat surprising if he doesn't end up at KY. Hagans might take some time though to make any announcement so his AAU buddies will get alot of eyes on them.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm guessing Jonas got the top asst spot at Xavier. Likely thinking a year or two there and then get a HC job.

I would also think this will hurt them with King.
Here's was King's comment about UGA and GT in an interview last week
Georgia: “Coach [Tom] Crean and Jonas Hayes came over to see me at my school last week. Jonas is my man. I’m still trying to feel Crean out. He seems like a great guy. He told me everything I needed to know about him.”

Georgia Tech: “They are probably recruiting me the hardest. He’s probably been in to see me four or five times since I de-committed. He watches film on me and lets me know where I can improve. He’s definitely in my ear a lot.”

I would think Xavier will start to recruit King with Jonas there now.

My personal opinion in going from Hayes to Dollar is a step down for UGA, though i'm happy for others like BDB to weigh in on that thought.