GT Faces Indiana in the NIT

Deleted member 2897

Seeing a lot of Red in the Warmup videos on twitter. Jesus why can we never, in any sport have a 90-10 split. Why the hell do some many alumni from other schools live in Atlanta, and so little alumni from GT live in Atlanta?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just Googled, and the search result was that Indiana has 600,000 alumni. Georgia Tech has 130,000. Almost 5 to 1. And over half of our students are out of state and go back or elsewhere after graduation. If its a Big 10 or SEC school, or really any large P5 school at all, they will sadly likely have a fan advantage even in Atlanta. We have historically been a small school until just very recently. Also, nobody likes Indiana, so they all move out at the first opportunity. :D

Deleted member 2897

I took +11 And the money line. I can't believe Clemson blew an 18 PT lead at home.

It was actually worse than that. Clemson was up 20 points with 17 minutes left. Just 10 minutes later Oakland was leading. It was incredibly weird. At that point, Oakland was winning the second half 47-20. I mean, when you outscore a team by 27 points over just barely 10 minutes of play, it was like a P5 team playing against a middle school team.

Deleted member 2897

With regards to Crean's post game press conference, his goofiness, arrogance, lack of respect - just Google "Tom Crean kisses his grown children on the lips" and look at some of the images and read some of the articles. This dude is just a weird cat. A lot of the IU fans refer to him looking like a future serial killer, pedophile, autism victim, and everything else. Ruthless.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Just as an FYI - here are the attendance figures for each NIT yesterday as well as the opponent and size of arena. GT had by far the best turnout both in terms of butts in seats and in percentage of arena filled

GT - 5,533/8,600 Indiana - W
Ill - 4,719/17,200 Valpo - W
Utah - 4,097/15,000 Boise St - L
AL - 4,041/15,383 Richmond - L
Col St - 2,836/8,745 Charleston - W
Clem 2,785/9,000 Oakland - L
Mommouth 1,672/4,100 Ole Miss - L
Cal - 1,771/11,877 CS Baskersfield - L
The Students were a huge help to the Jackets last night.:cool: They were loud as hell!:cool:

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
With regards to Crean's post game press conference, his goofiness, arrogance, lack of respect - just Google "Tom Crean kisses his grown children on the lips" and look at some of the images and read some of the articles. This dude is just a weird cat. A lot of the IU fans refer to him looking like a future serial killer, pedophile, autism victim, and everything else. Ruthless.
That POS will be looking for a new job(probably as an assistant coach)very soon!:mad:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I've heard student tix were $4, not the $15 for regular joes. Not that bad of a hit, but still, that's more coin that I'd like to part with.

So, if that's the case, could we basically buy 1100 student tix for Stegeman and bus the students? It's only a 90 minute bus ride.

northgajacket

Banned
FWIW, Crean and Gregory are extremely close friends - have been since there were on izzo's staff together, so not surprised by the love shown Gregory by Crean.

Great atmosphere last night. Students were fantastic. I just imagine what it can be if Pastner can get it going and we start having sell outs of GT fans in the building.

Yeah but he acted like Gregory got the shaft, when in reality he was given every chance. He acted like Tech screwed him over.

Deleted member 2897

I've heard student tix were $4, not the $15 for regular joes. Not that bad of a hit, but still, that's more coin that I'd like to part with.

So, if that's the case, could we basically buy 1100 student tix for Stegeman and bus the students? It's only a 90 minute bus ride.

We alumni could crowd fund tickets and bus rides and food to take on the bus for 1000 students to the next game in 1 hour I bet. They have more than earned it.

Honestly, if someone from the GTAA posted something to try and raise a couple grand and then put it on some of the sites like this one and linked to it, I guarantee you it would get done.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I like BG. Met him atleast a dozen times at camps at Oakland, MSU and through my uncle, who's good friends with Jud Heathcoat. He's a great guy. Great! But he's a mid major coach. What he was at Dayton is what he's always going to be. 2/3 NCAA trips every 5 years with a couple NIT/CBI tourneys mixed in. At a mid major level. I hope he does well and I think he will. I was happy for him when he got the job here, but I knew he wasn't ready. There was a big push from Tom Izzo for him to get the job. Hell, at one point while he was on Izzos staff he was considered to be his replacement when he moved on. (Cleveland Cavs job). I have nothing bad to say about him as a man but he's at a job that he belongs at now.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

GTMA. i had that same thought myself. if we can find 1100 students to go to uga we could make it a home game atmosphere. we all know there will be very few uga students there.

Deleted member 2897

I'll take a 16-4 team at home against anybody versus a 2-10 road team against anybody.

Indiana, North Carolina, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Syracuse agree.