GT:60

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That is in no way bashing. I pointed out he was desperately needed on BOTH LINES. HOW IS THAT BASHING??? It shows how thin we are.

I read your post, and if anything, I took it as a compliment for Jahaziel. He was needed on both (and could fill both roles) because we have limited depth/talent.

The political correctness police on this site have a new way of trying to "shut down" anything they consider "negative" - say that we are bashing young men when that is not at all what we are doing. This is not new, and it has nothing to do with our current coaching staff.

If stating a fact about our level of talent and depth in the front 7 is not yet where it needs to be is "bashing", then so be it, but as so many are in today's society, you are stretching it that way to make the person's opinion that you don't want to hear go away or stop.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think Jahaziel just is not quite good enough to start on either the defensive line or the offensive line but he is good enough to be a back up. The main thing is he is above the line. Kind of a good utility man like you have in baseball. Someone that can come off the bench, fill in and play good enough not to hurt you and will occasionally hit a home run or make a great play. Team player.

Go Jackets!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Recruiting stunk ok. Period. On both lines. Period. Stunk. I agree. I have been saying it for almost a decade. Paul recruited too little in numbers and basically put us on probation many years incapable of understanding tech attrition. So @dressedcheeseside you are right. The lines are thin as heck. And hopefully play ok dont get injured and our new staff works miracles

So lets hope the new guy can fix it. And if they do. This year. Miracle. Both lines. Miracle

Animal02

Banned
Yes. Recruiting stunk ok. Period. On both lines. Period. Stunk. I agree. I have been saying it for almost a decade. Paul recruited too little in numbers and basically put us on probation many years incapable of understanding tech attrition. So @dressedcheeseside you are right. The lines are thin as heck. And hopefully play ok dont get injured and our new staff works miracles

So lets hope the new guy can fix it. And if they do. This year. Miracle. Both lines. Miracle
Of course being at the bottom of the ACC in spending on the program had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Animal02

Banned
I read your post, and if anything, I took it as a compliment for Jahaziel. He was needed on both (and could fill both roles) because we have limited depth/talent.

The political correctness police on this site have a new way of trying to "shut down" anything they consider "negative" - say that we are bashing young men when that is not at all what we are doing. This is not new, and it has nothing to do with our current coaching staff.

If stating a fact about our level of talent and depth in the front 7 is not yet where it needs to be is "bashing", then so be it, but as so many are in today's society, you are stretching it that way to make the person's opinion that you don't want to hear go away or stop.
What is funny is the same people complaining about bashing players are the ones who have no problem basing players or the team to protect their idol from criticism........

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Do you love everything Georgia Tech? Are you a fan of the old staff and the new? Are you afraid of being labeled a Kool-Aid drinker/CPJ hater or being accused of bashing players? Maybe you don't want to be forced into some religious affiliation worshiping some "Messiah" just for supporting Georgia Tech. Then I've got the perfect posting guideline for you!

In order to avoid these labels, just follow this one simple rule: Don't post facts about our program. Yes, that's right! Don't. Post. Facts.

These include but are not limited to:
  • CPJ retired. Fact
  • The option was in a steady decline since 2014. Fact
  • The options was good for us but it was time to move on. Fact
  • Players recruited for the option are players whose skill set are better suited for the option. Fact
  • Running a new system, with players recruited for another system, will not produce the same outcome as running the system they were recruited for. Fact
  • If the new staff decided to run the triple option, they wouldn't produce the same results as CPJ because he is the godfather of the option. Fact
  • Expecting a drop off in wins because of the two above facts, is not unreasonable, bashing players, or saying the new staff can do no wrong. Fact
  • Stating that the QBs are not great throwers , the linemen are not great pass blockers, and the defensive front lacks pass rushing consistency is not bashing players. It's stating a... Fact
  • Recruiting is a main cause for our depth issues at certain positions. Fact
  • One game is not enough to judge a staff. Our staff. Their staff. Red staff. Blue staff. Fact
  • I used red staff and blue staff as a reference to Dr. Seuss, not Georgia and Georgia Tech. Fact
*This was a satire post. Feel free to post whatever you want.

Last edited:

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a difference between talking football and slamming players, sometimes it can appear to be close but saying someone missed reads to much and so and so should start or player x takes the wrong angles is "football" talk. If we said player x is an incompetent fool who takes the wrong angles that would be personal

Animal02

Banned
There is a difference between talking football and slamming players, sometimes it can appear to be close but saying someone missed reads to much and so and so should start or player x takes the wrong angles is "football" talk. If we said player x is an incompetent fool who takes the wrong angles that would be personal
I agree there is a fine line with regard to player bashing.....though I think it gets crossed with "Player 'X' has no business on the field or a D1 school type talk....which I have seen.