Gold Uniforms are here!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
For reference, once the jerseys get a tad bit of moisture on them they’ll look like this
View attachment 6690

Let’s see what the jerseys look like on tv first, but knowing Adidas, I seriously doubt they made these golds different by design, anticipating every single player was going to be soaking wet to darken the jersey to the correct color. In fact, take anything you own in the current Adidas “sand” and look at it wet when it comes from the washing machine. Still doesn’t really match the helmets. It’s more brown (at least to my eyes).

Regardless, I am glad to see an attempt at a gold jersey. Knowing the issues with making gold into a cloth material, these aren’t bad, and are my current favorite jersey. I like the white hats with gold shirts. Now...if only Adidas would have coordinated it so that we could actually have bought and worn the jerseys in the stands for this game! Same with the gray cape day jerseys...wearing them one game this year, and the supposedly ship AFTER the date of said game.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why we aren't using the official gold color for the jersey.

Because, honestly, I have already seen several Adidas items (hats, pullovers, etc.) that are not TECH GOLD. I wanted to believe that Adidas would provide more consistency, but we are already into making excuses about material types, etc. Again, I know something about dyeing fabrics, and if someone cares, different materials can be made to be VERY close in color.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Let’s see what the jerseys look like on tv first, but knowing Adidas, I seriously doubt they made these golds different by design, anticipating every single player was going to be soaking wet to darken the jersey to the correct color. In fact, take anything you own in the current Adidas “sand” and look at it wet when it comes from the washing machine. Still doesn’t really match the helmets. It’s more brown (at least to my eyes).

Regardless, I am glad to see an attempt at a gold jersey. Knowing the issues with making gold into a cloth material, these aren’t bad, and are my current favorite jersey. I like the white hats with gold shirts. Now...if only Adidas would have coordinated it so that we could actually have bought and worn the jerseys in the stands for this game! Same with the gray cape day jerseys...wearing them one game this year, and the supposedly ship AFTER the date of said game.
That's what is surprising to me. The blue jerseys last year were available at the bookstore the same day they were announced.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Someone did some Photoshop editing, and this is what we could have with some good work by Adidas. I wish this is what they looked like. This is AWESOME.

EEWaX0EWwAAguNE

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
NOW THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!! ID BUY ONE OF THESE FOR MY WHOLE FAMILY!!! This is DEAD ON what they should look like!!!

Totally agree. Why is this that hard? I just don't get it. With this color, you could go white numbers or dark numbers, and it would look good both ways. And, this color looks good on most skin tones, so the fan apparel would be nice also. I really don't think Adidas is trying any harder really than Russell did. The "original" untouched photo jersey is not even the new Tech Gold - it is faded beige.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Someone did some Photoshop editing, and this is what we could have with some good work by Adidas. I wish this is what they looked like. This is AWESOME.

EEWaX0EWwAAguNE
So these are the best uniforms I've seen from Adidas yet... if I look at them on my nice computer screen. Ok my phone, which I assume allot of posters here are doing, it looks like the ucf colors. When I look at it on my nice computer screen, the color actually looks very close to the wreck color. I'm excited to see these on TV and or live, I think they will be really nice.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
So these are the best uniforms I've seen from Adidas yet... if I look at them on my nice computer screen. Ok my phone, which I assume allot of posters here are doing, it looks like the ucf colors. When I look at it on my nice computer screen, the color actually looks very close to the wreck color. I'm excited to see these on TV and or live, I think they will be really nice.

Keep in mind that the one that you quoted here is a photoshopped version of the original. The one you quoted has the jersey darkened to match that of the reck.

The original unedited image is here.

e5bc653b87fa86be09be3a103ef5d05d.jpg