GA TECH IS BUZZING! | FOOTBALL HOTBED | NATIONAL UNDERCLASSMEN SHOWCASE ..

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
What CGC, and staff have done to change the culture, and add excitement on where this program is heading in such a short amount of time, is simply amazing. The buzz we are getting from recruits, and high school coaches is something we haven’t had here in a long time. You could argue ever. I really think we are building something special!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What CGC, and staff have done to change the culture, and add excitement on where this program is heading in such a short amount of time, is simply amazing. The buzz we are getting from recruits, and high school coaches is something we haven’t had here in a long time. You could argue ever. I really think we are building something special!
And we'll know that in about two years. If we're lucky. This kind of hype has a short shelf life if it isn't supported by results. We don't have any of those yet.

I'm hoping that we show better then expected next year, especially on D. That's Coach's speciality - folks here tend to forget that - and I'm expecting more consistency and effort on that side of the ball. If that happens and we are able to follow up in 2020, then we'll know if this kind of thing has any staying power. But doing better in 2020 will be very difficult. That will be the hardest season we have had in years.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
And we'll know that in about two years. If we're lucky. This kind of hype has a short shelf life if it isn't supported by results. We don't have any of those yet.

I'm hoping that we show better then expected next year, especially on D. That's Coach's speciality - folks here tend to forget that - and I'm expecting more consistency and effort on that side of the ball. If that happens and we are able to follow up in 2020, then we'll know if this kind of thing has any staying power. But doing better in 2020 will be very difficult. That will be the hardest season we have had in years.

The results you need to look for next year are in the recruiting department. Anything we accomplish on the field will be a nice bonus. Fwiw, I think we can win between 6 and 8 next year.

The hype is a necessary step to getting the results. Its not something CGC is doing just for fun.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The results you need to look for next year are in the recruiting department. Anything we accomplish on the field will be a nice bonus. Fwiw, I think we can win between 6 and 8 next year.

The hype is a necessary step to getting the results. Its not something CGC is doing just for fun.
If we win 6 - and I'm hoping we do - then I don't really expect any major change in our recruiting success. We'll probably do slightly better just because of the time Coach and his staff will have had to settle in. If we win 8 - and I'd be shocked if that happened - then we might do even better. Oth, we might do about the same, regardless of results and hype. I'm sure Coach is doing all this publicity stuff in anticipation of it leading to recruiting success. If he does his job on the field next year it very well might. The simple answer is that we don't know.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If we win 6 - and I'm hoping we do - then I don't really expect any major change in our recruiting success. We'll probably do slightly better just because of the time Coach and his staff will have had to settle in. If we win 8 - and I'd be shocked if that happened - then we might do even better. Oth, we might do about the same, regardless of results and hype. I'm sure Coach is doing all this publicity stuff in anticipation of it leading to recruiting success. If he does his job on the field next year it very well might. The simple answer is that we don't know.

You are in for an absolute shock as far as next year's recruiting class is concerned. I am going on record with that prediction, and I think it is in no way dependent on our record next year. Watch and enjoy.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we only win 6 games I would be disappointed .
Me too, but recall that we are putting in a new offense and a new defense. I expect that we will improve as the season goes by, but those first few games will be an experiment in process. I think we have the talent to win 7 - 8, but I'm also pretty sure that we'll be out there running around like chickens with their heads cut off for the first 5 - 6 games. And that's if we are lucky.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You are in for an absolute shock as far as next year's recruiting class is concerned. I am going on record with that prediction, and I think it is in no way dependent on our record next year. Watch and enjoy.
I hope you are right. However, successful marketing depends on a successful product. If we do better then expected next year - see above for my reasons why I don't anticipate that - then the odds for your rosy scenario go up. If not …

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
No doubt we need to find guys that could care less how our season next year turns out. I am pretty sure the coaches are already telling the recruits that they are building something special that might take a few years - just hoping enough of the highly rated recruits can be sold. If not, our "dream" of being elite will not come to pass. I am rooting for this staff to do some special and unexpected things.

Animal02

Banned
No doubt we need to find guys that could care less how our season next year turns out. I am pretty sure the coaches are already telling the recruits that they are building something special that might take a few years - just hoping enough of the highly rated recruits can be sold. If not, our "dream" of being elite will not come to pass. I am rooting for this staff to do some special and unexpected things.
The same people that claimed that Tech in the past was out of touch with today's recruits expect them to wait a few years for success? :rolleyes:

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The same people that claimed that Tech in the past was out of touch with today's recruits expect them to wait a few years for success? :rolleyes:

I don't think you directed that at me, but just in case, I believe that if this staff is good at coaching, they might be able to win maybe 7-8 games next year. I will admit though that CPJ did inherit some pretty good talent when he started, and he put in an entirely new system and had instant success. I am just not sure that the talent left this time (and even worse with PB leaving) is enough to expect a lot of wins with an "NFL system" being installed. So, my guess is more likely 5-6 wins.

Animal02

Banned
I don't think you directed that at me, but just in case, I believe that if this staff is good at coaching, they might be able to win maybe 7-8 games next year. I will admit though that CPJ did inherit some pretty good talent when he started, and he put in an entirely new system and had instant success. I am just not sure that the talent left this time (and even worse with PB leaving) is enough to expect a lot of wins with an "NFL system" being installed. So, my guess is more likely 5-6 wins.
No it was not directed at you ;)

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
You will see a 3 year progression with our style of offense and defense. Defensively it will not be quite as obvious but offensively you will see us move from something similar to Georgia Southern to UGA. Our offensive coordinator has stated that he would do what our kids are capable of doing. The goal is to be a pro style offense. To do this, we will need a pro style OL (6' 6" & 320 lbs.) The days of having a statue at QB are gone. We have guys that can play there. We have mobile guys that can run and pass.
This should be fun to watch.

Just to be honest, I loved what Paul Johnson did offensively. I hope everyone can agree that our offensive production was rarely a problem.

Excited to see what happens. Hopefully it will be similar to when O'Leary was here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the video.
It looks like Hotbed is a local videographer footballer that we gave access to our recruiting process. Looks like a win win as our facilities and coaches were presented very well.

I assume he has a big following in the 404 ATL Gt SWAG.