FTRS preview of D-Line

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
For the most part, I have enjoyed these FTRS articles. They aren't profound, but in the off-season they are at least something to read. They take the sum of the parts and put them together in a way that I can at least enjoy. Get excited about what is to come.

Until today. This was a strange article. It started off just fine. But, by the end you get the feeling the writer got in a hurry. There is no mention of Francis Kallon, nor any real speculation of what we hope will be Adam Gotsis' big senior season to come. Our freshman All-American, KeShun Freeman, is never mentioned. Pat Gamble is all but a footnote. (All of these do appear in a list mid-article, but that's it.)

Then, to fill the hole in the article, we are given a link to an article on our starting front 4 that he wrote a year ago. Still enjoyable overall. But, a quirky little article.

As George and Jerry said to Elaine on Seinfeld all those years ago-- "You yada-yada'd through the all the best parts!"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For the most part, I have enjoyed these FTRS articles. They aren't profound, but in the off-season they are at least something to read. They take the sum of the parts and put them together in a way that I can at least enjoy. Get excited about what is to come.

Until today. This was a strange article. It started off just fine. But, by the end you get the feeling the writer got in a hurry. There is no mention of Francis Kallon, nor any real speculation of what we hope will be Adam Gotsis' big senior season to come. Our freshman All-American, KeShun Freeman, is never mentioned. Pat Gamble is all but a footnote. (All of these do appear in a list mid-article, but that's it.)

Then, to fill the hole in the article, we are given a link to an article on our starting front 4 that he wrote a year ago. Still enjoyable overall. But, a quirky little article.

As George and Jerry said to Elaine on Seinfeld all those years ago-- "You yada-yada'd through the all the best parts!"

Yep. I think most of us would like to see Gamble at SDE, but unless Kallon or a Fr breakthrough, we'll need him in the DT rotation, especially with an eye to next year.

Also, I didn't see a mention of Merriweather. Will he redshirt this year to help balance the classes?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

FTRS has a "different business model" than Swarm. We have to generate lots of articles in a hurry to get the prerequisite number of hits. I quit writing for them because my life is just way too full right now to do in depth research and turn around with an article in a single day. The guys writing over there do a really good job but the pressure to turn out new posts every day is tough. So sometimes they use "short hand" based on the assumption you have read lots of their articles in the past and know where they are coming from.

A couple of guys over there are a little like Eric. They have insider connections and know more than they let on about.

So the important thing when visiting there is to register your comments. The give and take and back and forth usually reveals more of the authors thinking as well as turning over some real gems from some of the well informed regular members of the site.