@FSU Baseball

How many games will GT win @FSU? Assume 3 games played!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last ACC series of the year, how fast the seasons go. We are in control of our destiny at +1 ACC.

Games start Thursday, 6PM, 6PM and 2PM. Weather good Thursday, rain likely Friday evening and most of Saturday. I really want us to get the games in since FSU is #9 RPI and its 1.3 RPI games for each win. Same reason FSU probably doesn't want to get all the games in.

FSU is ranked #10 but trending down IMHO being 5-5 in their last 10 and losing a series @Pitt last weekend. Spilt 1-1 with NC State and beat @Duke 2-1 and lost @ Wake before that.
They are 15-11 ACC so can be beat. Assuming 3 games, I am gently kicking the football at 2 wins.

Does anyone know if FSU has lost some pitchers to help explain their recent 5-5 performance?

Interesting they are ranked so high having a losing record for Quad 1, but the high RPI is because they are 22-2 OOC with the OOC SoS being 70.

No game notes yet @ramblinwreck. Expect the same pitching rotation, just hope the Quick Hook Hall shows up especially if it looks like the Saturday game isn't rescheduled to Friday.

There should be a majority passed ACC rule that "ACC" teams suing the ACC only get one out an inning.

1715772026050.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The weather forecasts are similar in 6 of the 7 ACC sites where these final series are being held. Thursday looks the best. Friday is doable .. gets worse later in the day. Saturday.. high probability of rain nearly all day into the night. For record, Sunday is NOT an option as far as I know. Games must be completed or canceled by Saturday.

If they are serious about playing all 3 games, hope to see DH on Thursday and finale on Friday. Advantage Ga Tech. FSU played and lost last night to Stetson.

I also predict Ga Tech will go 2-1 this weekend and work up to a 7-seed for the ACC tournament just below FSU. They will eek out a half a game ahead of us because they canceled that game v NCST. Slightly controversial... btw.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Last ACC series of the year, how fast the seasons go. We are in control of our destiny at +1 ACC.

Games start Thursday, 6PM, 6PM and 2PM. Weather good Thursday, rain likely Friday evening and most of Saturday. I really want us to get the games in since FSU is #9 RPI and its 1.3 RPI games for each win. Same reason FSU probably doesn't want to get all the games in.

FSU is ranked #10 but trending down IMHO being 5-5 in their last 10 and losing a series @Pitt last weekend. Spilt 1-1 with NC State and beat @Duke 2-1 and lost @ Wake before that.
They are 15-11 ACC so can be beat. Assuming 3 games, I am gently kicking the football at 2 wins.

Does anyone know if FSU has lost some pitchers to help explain their recent 5-5 performance?

Interesting they are ranked so high having a losing record for Quad 1, but the high RPI is because they are 22-2 OOC with the OOC SoS being 70.

No game notes yet @ramblinwreck. Expect the same pitching rotation, just hope the Quick Hook Hall shows up especially if it looks like the Saturday game isn't rescheduled to Friday.

There should be a majority passed ACC rule that "ACC" teams suing the ACC only get one out an inning.

View attachment 16163
It looks like FSU has padded their record against Quad 3 &4 teams. They are an average .500 team against Quad 1 & 2 teams. Looking at their last 10 games they are all over the place from getting shut out by Pitt last Friday to scoring 16 against them on Sunday. I think the secret to putting them on their heels, so to speak, is to limit their top hitter Tibbs. It seems, as a team, they go as he goes. He has 23 home runs and appears to be in the middle of most of their rallies. Keep him off base, or just limit him to fist base, and our chances to win are much higher. Obviously with his stats that is easier said than done.

They are not a big running team with only one guy with double digit steals. They will strike out. Most of their top hitters have around 40 strikeouts on the year compared to Tech who only has one regular who has exactly 40 strikeouts.

On the mound their Friday guy Arnold is excellent. Once you get past him the other starters have pretty pedestrian ERA's though they are about a run lower than our guys. Their walk totals are actually higher, as a staff, than our guys.

In my opinion, if our offense can remain patient at the plate and produce runs at a rate similar to what we have done the past month or so, we have a chance to take this series. We really need our starters to come out strong and not put us in a deep hole and play catch up.....especially on Thursday night against their #1 guy.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
The weather forecasts are similar in 6 of the 7 ACC sites where these final series are being held. Thursday looks the best. Friday is doable .. gets worse later in the day. Saturday.. high probability of rain nearly all day into the night. For record, Sunday is NOT an option as far as I know. Games must be completed or canceled by Saturday.

If they are serious about playing all 3 games, hope to see DH on Thursday and finale on Friday. Advantage Ga Tech. FSU played and lost last night to Stetson.

I also predict Ga Tech will go 2-1 this weekend and work up to a 7-seed for the ACC tournament just below FSU. They will eke out a half a game ahead of us because they canceled that game v NCST. Slightly controversial... btw.
I predict fsu won’t allow all 3 to be played

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
5-6 Quadrant 1 ELO and 6-5 Quadrant 2 ELO. They seem vastly overrated.

I still have picked us to win 1 because we are so Jekyll and Hyde. Would love a sweep to cement post season aspirations (and who doesn't just love watching fsu lose at anything).
Even if we consider them an opponent similar to our talent level, it's still in Tallahassee. I'd love a series win but I'll be happy with 1 here. Just get to the post season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Even if we consider them an opponent similar to our talent level, it's still in Tallahassee. I'd love a series win but I'll be happy with 1 here. Just get to the post season.
I'll be happy with 2 wins there. One would leave me worried about going 0-2 in the ACC Tourney and getting left out.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
5-6 Quadrant 1 ELO and 6-5 Quadrant 2 ELO. They seem vastly overrated.

I still have picked us to win 1 because we are so Jekyll and Hyde. Would love a sweep to cement post season aspirations (and who doesn't just love watching fsu lose at anything).
They have a home record of 25-3. Let that sink in.

They lost one to Louisville, one to NCSU, and one midweek game to Mercer.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
All these what-if scenarios and RPI ratings do not interest me at all. But it seems to me if 3 games are played and we win this series, we will be assured of a birth in a regional, correct?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
All these what-if scenarios and RPI ratings do not interest me at all. But it seems to me if 3 games are played and we win this series, we will be assured of a birth in a regional, correct?
If logic were applied to the committee's seedings I would say yes. Unfortunately, how many times have we seen logic fly out the window in favor of bias. I would love for the sake of transparency for the selection committee to have a few journalists in the room (outside of ESPN if you can call them journalists) to be able to take notes on all of the discussions and report to us fans how decisions were made. Take someone from D1 Baseball & Baseball America for example. With the selection committee aware that all of their discussions are being monitored we might see much different results.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If logic were applied to the committee's seedings I would say yes. Unfortunately, how many times have we seen logic fly out the window in favor of bias. I would love for the sake of transparency for the selection committee to have a few journalists in the room (outside of ESPN if you can call them journalists) to be able to take notes on all of the discussions and report to us fans how decisions were made. Take someone from D1 Baseball & Baseball America for example. With the selection committee aware that all of their discussions are being monitored we might see much different results.
Transparency? Crazy talk. That's un-American.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite simple

Lack of clutch hitting tonight
We don’t have a true ace. Top 4 teams in acc do
Our bullpen is simply not regional worthy

We tagged their “ace” tonight. Just didn’t get clutch hit. Multiple risp lob tonight.

Biggest difference is Arnold can get a k at any time. We don’t have that kind of pitcher

Not really upset.

Got to get at least one though

Double header could decide our season tomorrow

Win ‘em both, we are locked in
Win 1 of 2 , good chance at a bid
Lose both and anything other than acc championship and that’s all she wrote for 24

If the last scenario happens, that’ll be 4 of 7 years missing tournament

Last edited: