Fox Sports ACC Preview

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's on now and Tuberville is such a tool. "The running backs don't have to be highly skilled, all eyes will be on Justin Thomas and the other backs will just have to be average". SMH does he do any research but he opens his mouth?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It's on now and Tuberville is such a tool. "The running backs don't have to be highly skilled, all eyes will be on Justin Thomas and the other backs will just have to be average". SMH does he do any research but he opens his mouth?

I don't disagree with that too much. With good blocking, in CPJs scheme our ABs can be average and do well. That's why I'm not fretting too much whose toting the rock at that position, as long as there is no fumblitis. But we do need a beast at BB to make the other facets of the scheme work.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't watch the show, so I don't know the context, but based on the OP's paraphrasing, I take that as a compliment to JT, not a knock on AB or BB talent. And I agree with this with the exception that AB blocking ability definitely matters.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with that too much. With good blocking, in CPJs scheme our ABs can be average and do well. That's why I'm not fretting too much whose toting the rock at that position, as long as there is no fumblitis. But we do need a beast at BB to make the other facets of the scheme work.

I understand that but I feel he's underestimating the what high quality backs add to mix and dismissing how much explosive backs help JeT as well. He was putting everything on JeT and saying the O doesn't need anything else but bodies out there not understanding how intertwined it all is.

Then he talks about Clempson and Watson but says nothing about who is going to protect Watson. Very, very shallow analysis IMO

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Then he talks about Clempson and Watson but says nothing about who is going to protect Watson. Very, very shallow analysis IMO

That is why I can't wait for that game. I hope the defense is ready for that one. If our front 4 can create a pass rush with Davis as a spy on Watson, and our secondary keeps tight coverage, it could be a long night for the Tiggers.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
That is why I can't wait for that game. I hope the defense is ready for that one. If our front 4 can create a pass rush with Davis as a spy on Watson, and our secondary keeps tight coverage, it could be a long night for the Tiggers.
Is PJ Davis gets a "PJ Davis type of hit" on Watson we might be seeing their backup

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

He's actually correct. Our RBs don't need to be highly skilled for us to be successful. What he is wrong about is that they aren't highly skilled.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
He's actually correct. Our RBs don't need to be highly skilled for us to be successful. What he is wrong about is that they aren't highly skilled.

That damn sure better be skilled at blocking or they won't be on the field :D This is the kind of thing I was speaking about, the O is interrelated and just doesn't rely on great individual talent. Of course, like any offense, the better the skill the better the product but it still comes to the fact the the O is highly interrelated and he wasn't willing or able to put the work in to truly understand that!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I understand that but I feel he's underestimating the what high quality backs add to mix and dismissing how much explosive backs help JeT as well. He was putting everything on JeT and saying the O doesn't need anything else but bodies out there not understanding how intertwined it all is.

Them what can't coach buy a briefcase, move 50 miles outside of town, and become a consultant.

Finally got to see the entire show tonight. Awesome show. It is so obvious that the "Fridge" loves Tech. I was surprised at the end to see that 5 players on that team have passed on. I may have known about it, but I guess I had forgotten. God bless them all !!!

Seems factual to me. Even more true if the blocking is highly skilled, which ours should be.

Does anyone else find it ironic that CPJ's offense has gone from ....

"it cant work at this level" ...... to .......

"the scheme is more important than the players".

Both are wrong IMHO.
I have never heard any announcers say it can't work at this level. I have only read that mess from sports writers who have never played the game or from stupid dawg fans.