For Thack to get out of dog house

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How many more ata boys to aw shxxs in the 5 winable games?

I want
1ea great game.
2 ea ata boy- defense was solid.
1 ea so so defense.
and then i could allow
1 ea aw shxx game.

Am i being to vengeful?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer

I want
1ea great game.
1 ea so so defense.
and then i could allow
1 ea aw shxx game.

Am i being to vengeful?
I actually have you on the A list of posters that I pay particular attention to.

But lately, your posts read like you are on fentenyl. All good or just a bad texting app?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I speak Iceeater. He’s asking how many of what type of defensive performances can we expect out of the next 5 games (not counting ugag), and if we play at or around current level for 4 of those 5, he can deal with one WTF just happened to our D in the other one and call 2022 a better than expected year. I agree with that.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I want
1ea great game.
1 ea so so defense.
and then i could allow
1 ea aw shxx game.

Am i being to vengeful?
I don’t know what vengeance has to do with it but the order of those performances is really important.
If we go in the order you list, we beat UVA and Likely split FSU & VT.
So so against Miami and aw Sh... against UNC are both losses. That’s 2-4 down the stretch. Not happy

Turn in soso against UVA, solid against FSU and miami and great against UNC, we could win all four. Aw sh** against VT might be close.

If aw sh** comes this week, we lose to bad UVA and may potentially start backsliding.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I actually have you on the A list of posters that I pay particular attention to.

But lately, your posts read like you are on fentenyl. All good or just a bad texting app?
Yea , i rushed putting the thread up.
Good catch on the texting app.

Just want to see if I am the lone ranger on having a hard time thinking of a way i will ever truly trust Thacker.

I do admit his defense is way better this year even when TFP was running around. After TFP left, its Way way way better.
At the Duke game he spent a lot of time coaching up the lb. Key is giving him credit for the d plan. But I dont trust him to not call some totally stupid defense.

A good start would be to put an axx whippin on the team which is named for a girl and has a guy in tights for a mascot. Uva is randed in 90s.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer

Just want to see if I am the lone ranger on having a hard time thinking of a way i will ever truly trust Thacker.

I do admit his defense is way better this year even when TFP was running around. After TFP left, its Way way way better.
At the Duke game he spent a lot of time coaching up the lb. Key is giving him credit for the d plan. But I dont trust him to not call some totally stupid defense.

A good start would be to put an axx whippin on the team which is named for a girl and has a guy in tights for a mascot. Uva is randed in 90s.
We were 3-3 last year coming off a dominant performance. Your trust issues are well founded. But I’m hopeful.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow

I agree. I have been trashing Thacker since he got here, but I'm beginning to think that he might have been a victim of poor leadership. That said, the D has to keep it up or there's zero chance of him getting out of the sh** house. You can't total erase the previous 3 years, but if the D keeps this up, one can only assume that the changes in leadership allowed him to finally flourish.

Honestly, even with good results, I think the only chance he has to be retained is if CBK gets the HC gig. A new HC (not CBK) would likely want to bring in his own DC. So he's likely fighting to be a DC elsewhere vs a demotion to a position coach somewhere.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Th
I think he's out of the doghouse now. He emerged from it the day The Former Guy left town.
The light bulb did not come over night. Success is due to better HC leadership, preparation, and some new assistant coaches. Thacker needs to go learn somewhere else.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thacker's improved defense been instrumental in turning this season around. We've improved our DFEI from the 90s to the 50s in two games. That's incredible.

Hopefully they continue improving as our offense improves. We could be the most dangerous team in the ACC if that happens.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
CAT for me was always a confusing situation. His pressers always read as a guy who got what he was trying to teach and had a good sense for being self-aware enough to solve his own problems but it just kept not happening. I think the communication blunders were more caused by a product of the environment as opposed to CAT's own deficiency. I think we will continue to mature the D schemes as well. Now all of a sudden we are able to run stunts and twists on the line because we trust the front, mid and backend D schemes to be locked.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
CAT for me was always a confusing situation. His pressers always read as a guy who got what he was trying to teach and had a good sense for being self-aware enough to solve his own problems but it just kept not happening. I think the communication blunders were more caused by a product of the environment as opposed to CAT's own deficiency. I think we will continue to mature the D schemes as well. Now all of a sudden we are able to run stunts and twists on the line because we trust the front, mid and backend D schemes to be locked.
The communication problems on last year's team were obviously due to having two coaches for both safeties and cornerbacks who were not on the same page. CTT has turned that unit completely around.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The communication problems on last year's team were obviously due to having two coaches for both safeties and cornerbacks who were not on the same page. CTT has turned that unit completely around.
I agree to the major problem being that - but the fix didnt happen until angel demaned change ="new more seasoned asst coaches. For yesrs the DC Thacker let this go . What else has he let go?

Even though he had no or a bad supervison by TFP, he should have known about and fixed the problems. 1,2,3 wasted their careers here . Just letting it go for years means it will take years of good work bdfore i would let him have an overall roll.

What is his best purpose for team - in charge of game plan (made position coaches and approved by other dc head coach. Also he should be LB ( the guys are really annimated ) coach.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

I think it was actually because we had three. The cornerbacks and safeties coaches and then Collins.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
the fix didnt happen until angel demaned change
We have an angel now? That's the best news I've heard all day.

But seriously, maybe Thacker has learned the hard way, but now maybe he knows. Maybe he learned on the job, but now he's graduated.
At any rate, things are going well now. If they continue to the end of the year, I hope nobody's going to be in a hurry to fix what ain't broke.
And if they don't, I'd imagine we'll see a change.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree to the major problem being that - but the fix didnt happen until angel demaned change ="new more seasoned asst coaches. For yesrs the DC Thacker let this go . What else has he let go?

Even though he had no or a bad supervison by TFP, he should have known about and fixed the problems. 1,2,3 wasted their careers here . Just letting it go for years means it will take years of good work bdfore i would let him have an overall roll.

What is his best purpose for team - in charge of game plan (made position coaches and approved by other dc head coach. Also he should be LB ( the guys are really annimated ) coach.
I am pretty sure that Thacker does not have control over who is on the rest if the staff. I think it is unfair to suggest that he allowed the poor communication to happen when we do not know what conversations he was having with the two coaches or with Collins.

I will ad that CTT does not have much more season than the two previous DB assistant coaches. He is just better at coaching and he does nto have to fight with another coach over how the defensive backfield should play.

I will add that (and this is not directed to you personally at you) there seems to be a shotgun approach by some people on who is to blame for the failures for the last three plus years. Perhaps not everyone on the staff is to blame.