Duke Baseball

How many games will GT win versus Duke?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I actually have a theory [& if true my biggest Hall gripe]... he thinks pitching Ws matter. ...& leaves guys in too long [mostly] in the 5th with a lead]
Agree, way too long. I would not have sent Tate out in the 7th. He ended up with 102 pitches and he is a freshman.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Huge series win! The one thing that I hate about baseball is that McKee doesn't get credited for the win even though he absolutely deserved it, and Stanford gets the win even though we were put behind by the HR he gave up.
I agree
Tate pitches great and deserved the W

Gotta say I didn’t like the moves coach made in the 7th

Two on one out (2nd & 3rd)

Barfield in to pitch to duke 9 hole hitter that is a lefty. Smart move. He gets the k. 2 outs

He leaves barfield in to face lead off right handed duke batter. I felt a cringe that he didn’t make a move to a righty.

Barfield grooves one and boom three run moon shot.

Life drifts out of the rusty c however it’s tied

All good.

Barfield gives up a double to another right handed batter.

Still tied

Brings in Riley to face right handed stone who is by far dukes best hitter and one of the conference’s best

He also hits fast balls which is what Riley throws

Ugghh

Two run blast

Down 6-4

Tate wasn’t credited with win cause pen mismanagement there imo

If you’re going righty v righty, you do it to the lead off hitter that tied the game

Not the best in the conference

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
That's a country music song right there. Wish I had a poetic bone in my body. I don't.
I got some stories Fred 😂😂😂

He wears his tech stuff proudly over there

His mama went to u of Florida and cheered in college

Feel I’ve done my job to keep his fandom in white n gold

I’m actually an alum of fsu. My pops is a tech grad

I’m heading to tally next weekend to tick off my fsu buddies 😂😂😂💯⚾

Go Jackets!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Alright gotta have a rpi rant

46 rpi to start duke series

48 rpi after winning duke series

Duke rpi -20
Duke rank- #9

That’s epic bull ….

We have played 46 games other than Duke. How they did this weekend matters a lot. Plus we only won 1.4 games against Duke ....... also RPI doesn't care when the games are played. Danny needs to schedule tougher OOC. Period.

Duke's RPI is down to 23.

GREAT series win. We've won 5 of the last 6 series (since BC). Next weekend @FSU there will be a lot of RPI points for us since they are #8 RPI.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright gotta have a rpi rant

46 rpi to start duke series

48 rpi after winning duke series

Duke rpi -20
Duke rank- #9

That’s epic bull ….
Duke goes down 1 in RPI and we do down 3 after we won the series. Killers were losing 2 to both UGA and particularly Auburn. Splitting both of those would have helped. But still no rationale of how we went down 3 spots

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke goes down 1 in RPI and we do down 3 after we won the series. Killers were losing 2 to both UGA and particularly Auburn. Splitting both of those would have helped. But still no rationale of how we went down 3 spots
Us going down 3 spots includes the Auburn mid-week game. For the weekend we are up, we were in the 50's prior to Friday, but I can't remember the exact number. For the week, RPI wise, we went 1.4-2.6, that is the main source of the drop. It would have been worse had we not been playing high RPI teams.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
100% ... that's enough. 6 ACC series wins
NCST
PITT
VT
UVA
MIA
DUKE

[Disclaimer... I am not on committee AND I'm a GT homer... not that there's anything wrong with that]
I agree in principle - I do think overall ACC records are weighted differently, favoring the series record. Remember in 2019, we were like 20-10 or something, but undefeated in ACC series and got the #3 overall seed? That concept would suggest 6-4 in ACC series props up the .500 record a bit.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s my point

I understand scheduling better teams but Nc state is on fire

We took one vs Clemson on the road.

We’ve won 5 of 6 of the last acc series Nc against then top 15 va tech, top 10 uva, top 15 then Nc state

The rpi formulas simply do not work as you can be like auburn and Florida and lose to a bunch of good teams and carry a higher rpi. Auburn is 46 (2 ahead of us) & UF is 28.
Uf record 26-25 & 11-16 in sec
Auburn 25-25 and 4-21 in sec

Uf has been projected in with two projections so how about tech just schedule every non conference top 10 on the road and lose and we’d likely have a higher rpi

There’s only one team behind us in rpi that has an above .500 record in acc.

That’s Va tech at 55. I’d be pissed if I was a hokie fan.

Rpi formula’s are overrated and antiquated

How far in advance are college baseball schedules made?

Yeah that seems logical

Last edited:

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Your gripe is that Auburn, who swept us, is ranked higher than us? And that VT, who we took a series from, is ranked below us? I don’t deny the RPI has flaws, but it seems like it’s working about right for the teams you mention.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Your gripe is that Auburn, who swept us, is ranked higher than us? And that VT, who we took a series from, is ranked below us? I don’t deny the RPI has flaws, but it seems like it’s working about right for the teams you mention.
Ok
Love the rpi all you want

So auburn gets that much rpi credit for beating us even though they suck in that their sec record is dead last.

They wont even make their conference tournament.

.500 record overall. You go war Beagles

I’m glad rpi doesn’t exist for college football cause sec teams play weak non conference schedules

Under valuing home wins and over valuing road losses or wins is absurd

Road games aren’t as difficult as the rpi calculates

I was at Clemson all three games. Our team wasn’t intimidated in the least.

We won one game cause we were better that game. They won two cause they were better those two games.

Who gives a flying rip about where it was played. The rpi cares

Those defending the rpi. Just remember one thing…rpi is based on calculations and formulas however the committee doesn’t care about its flaws. If they can use the rpi to screw an acc team like ga tech, they will.

Tech has earned a bid.
Multiple projections had tech in even after the auburn loss as a 3 seed.

They have beaten two teams who will host. Took one from a national seed. If Nc state keeps up their winning ways, we would’ve swept another host team.

Tech beat the #9 team at home. Would tech be more worthy if they beat puke on the road…the rpi thinks so. Please

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok
Love the rpi all you want

So auburn gets that much rpi credit for beating us even though they suck in that their sec record is dead last.

They wont even make their conference tournament.

.500 record overall. You go war Beagles

I’m glad rpi doesn’t exist for college football cause sec teams play weak non conference schedules

Just think about the Serenity Prayer.

If the RPI was a major CFB ranking method, the SEC wouldn't play so many cupcakes OOC.