How many games will GT win versus Duke?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

IMG_9614.jpeg

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
When we score enough runs, we can beat anyone. Who needs pitching anyway? ERA stats don't matter as we saw.

Great win, gotta find some clips of Laskey making the throw out to end the 5th.

385 RISP. Runners on 3rd - 750 (6-8). (I think RISP is mean reverting.) Stole 3 bases to their 0. Neither team threw a lot of strikes (58%). Don't understand pulling King when all he did was come in and strik out side. Maybe want him Sunday. But Brett Thomas made it exciting.

View attachment 16139
I think they pulled King before he could give up a gopher ball which has been a bad habit of his for a while now. This way he pitched a clean inning and got some of his confidence back and is available to pitch again this weekend.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
No doubt Lackey is a damn good defensive catcher but that throw would have ended up in center field with the runner safe on third base except for the athleticism shown by Bechetti in my opinion. What a play by both players!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
No doubt Lackey is a damn good defensive catcher but that throw would have ended up in center field with the runner safe on third base except for the athleticism shown by Bechetti in my opinion. What a play by both players!
With where that pitch was, 90% of college catcher don’t even throw …… 50% probably are running back to the backstop to pick it up. The throw was almost totally off his front foot. It was a pretty amazing play all around.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
When Finateri is on, his stuff is really good. But stretching him out to 100 pitches does not do him or the team any good in my opinion.
Which brings me to another peeve of mine. Why in hell can't we show the pitch count on the scoreboard between pitches instead of the time of day? Pitch count is such a big part of the game and nobody really cares seeing the time of day, we all have watches and cell phones. I'm assuming our coaches do keep up with the count but sometimes I really wonder.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but your point is 2 of our players probably ended up on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day and we want to point out all the reasons it could have sucked instead?

dook sucks. Probably the team I hate the most after the morons up the road. I really don't care haw we beat them, would be even sweeter if the umps repeatedly jobbed them like they did to us yesterday. Easily gifted them a 3 run advantage if not more, 2 runs for them and 1 taken away from us, but that's how those bastards win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's the announced Dukie starter today. Notice the trend?

We were fortunate that the Dukie announced started yesterday Santucci didn't start but a short reliever Higgins did. Could Santucci pitch this weekend, did anyone hear? We speculated that Duke moved their Sunday rotation to Friday (without facts of course).

1715436992535.png

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but your point is 2 of our players probably ended up on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day and we want to point out all the reasons it could have sucked instead?

dook sucks. Probably the team I hate the most after the morons up the road. I really don't care haw we beat them, would be even sweeter if the umps repeatedly jobbed them like they did to us yesterday. Easily gifted them a 3 run advantage if not more, 2 runs for them and 1 taken away from us, but that's how those bastards win.
Geez! That was not my point at all, I was referring to one freaking play that was being discussed in this thread by several members.
I am assuming your reading comprehension is not as bad as it seems but rather you were just looking for any reason to express your hate for Duke. Hey I don't like them either and please don't misquote my intentions in the future. Thank you.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If he didn't have to jump how high do you think he would have gloved the ball? I say about chin high, standing up, not crouched down.

I looked at a bunch of times and guess it would have been chest high. So not a perfect classic throw several feet up, but it would have hit runner at a couple feet up. Just a guess.

What do people guess the velo was - 100mph?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The throw was high for a throw to catch a runner on a steal but what made the catch and tag really difficult was it was thrown way off the bag into the runner that Bachetti had to avoid. Both our guys displayed really quick reflexes and lots of good baseball instincts to make that play happen. I cant ever remember seeing 2 guys show that much baseball skill and fast reflexes on the same play and I have played, coached pony league, and watched a lot of baseball.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The throw was high for a throw to catch a runner on a steal but what made the catch and tag really difficult was it was thrown way off the bag into the runner that Bachetti had to avoid. Both our guys displayed really quick reflexes and lots of good baseball instincts to make that play happen. I cant ever remember seeing 2 guys show that much baseball skill and fast reflexes on the same play and I have played, coached pony league, and watched a lot of baseball.
You need to start even further back when breaking it down. The pitch was difficult to handle. Agree both players did amazing things on the play. Multiple things each. Lackey handling the pitch...throwing a rocket off balance... then Beccheti managing to catch it... mid leap... while avoiding the sliding runner AND applying the tag.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's the announced Dukie starter today. Notice the trend?

We were fortunate that the Dukie announced started yesterday Santucci didn't start but a short reliever Higgins did. Could Santucci pitch this weekend, did anyone hear? We speculated that Duke moved their Sunday rotation to Friday (without facts of course).

View attachment 16141
I believe the trend you are referring to is the fact he is giving up more hits, walks, and runs than he was earlier in the season. With him stretching out to more innings pitched than previously, that would explain some of it. Also, since he has started pitching against ACC competition I'm sure that has something to do with it. Looks similar to McKee in some respects. If we can get to him early I believe we will see a parade of relievers much like yesterday.