Deion Sanders On The Flats?

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure how the NCAA would work, but there is dual degree program with the HBCU's now. Many of my friends at Tech spent time at Morehouse or Spelman before getting their engineering degree from Tech.

A Morehouse man and Spellman woman in my study groups did a LOT to help me pass Statics and Thermogoddamnics respectively. It's a cool program that deserves more attention.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree he’s done well there but it’s not not the big leagues. I just think it’s way too risky to try the same concept again that we are trying with CGC.

IF we can't afford any of these guys, how can we try to get someone less risky (high floor, proven types)? They cost a LOT more money than low floor, high ceiling risky plays at HC.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

I heard these two guys on ESPNU radio on SXM for just a few minutes this afternoon while I was out running an errand. Luginbill thinks Deion to Tech is a no-brainer. Said he would revive recruiting, win the transfer portal, and bring discipline. He also said Deion needed to process out about 50 players. The other guy said he was watching the Tech-Ole Miss game on tv yesterday, and got excited because he thought he would get to see Collins fired on live tv.

Don’t agree with all of it, just reporting what they said. Maybe they were drinking.

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
I heard these two guys on ESPNU radio on SXM for just a few minutes this afternoon while I was out running an errand. Luginbill thinks Deion to Tech is a no-brainer. Said he would revive recruiting, win the transfer portal, and bring discipline. He also said Deion needed to process out about 50 players. The other guy said he was watching the Tech-Ole Miss game on tv yesterday, and got excited because he thought he would get to see Collins fired on live tv.

Don’t agree with all of it, just reporting what they said. Maybe they were drinking.
Can the Wreck give CGC a lift and just keep going?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Who cares about "beating the line"? I just want us to beat the team lined up against us. Whether it be by 1 or 15 or 28 or whatever. We are 1-1 (right where most predicted) going against a shaky team. I dont know why some are treating ol pi$$ like they are uga or bama.
er, like we play vs them like they are Ala-- 0-42 isn't very good so it might as well been Ala

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
We all knew getting away from the option offense was going to be hard. Little did we know it was much worse than expected. I feel for CGC he’s from Atlanta, grew up going to tech games but he has to go at this point.
With that being said I would love to see Deion come to Atlanta for a few reasons.
1) Deion can recruit. The kids absolutely love him. He would be able to get athletes to Tech. Hell we might be able to get a top 15 recruiting class (if we give him the support) and he would be in the hotbed of recruiting.
2) he’s arguably one of the best defense backs of all time not only that he is one of the best football personalities ever.
3) He played for the falcons/ Braves, why not come back and coach for Tech in the middle of Atlanta.

Last thing I will say if you don’t this this would be a good hire look at what he has done to Jackson state. He called out their administration for not being supportive towards the football program (we could use some of that) and the damn Jackson state football team would probably kick our sorry a**.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We all knew getting away from the option offense was going to be hard. Little did we know it was much worse than expected. I feel for CGC he’s from Atlanta, grew up going to tech games but he has to go at this point.
With that being said I would love to see Deion come to Atlanta for a few reasons.
1) Deion can recruit. The kids absolutely love him. He would be able to get athletes to Tech. Hell we might be able to get a top 15 recruiting class (if we give him the support) and he would be in the hotbed of recruiting.
2) he’s arguably one of the best defense backs of all time not only that he is one of the best football personalities ever.
3) He played for the falcons/ Braves, why not come back and coach for Tech in the middle of Atlanta.

Last thing I will say if you don’t this this would be a good hire look at what he has done to Jackson state. He called out their administration for not being supportive towards the football program (we could use some of that) and the damn Jackson state football team would probably kick our sorry a**.
I don’t feel sorry for G*****C**** one bit. He single handily ruined 4-5 years or longer of Tech football. Neither do I feel sorry for the ones that brought him here.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

Has anyone else noticed he's never said he grew up a Tech fan? Just that he went to Tech games? Always seemed odd to me.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck

Getting away from the option doesn’t explain 3+ years of ****ty defense, no discipline. All the procedural penalties. The basics in blocking punts and field goals. The horrible clock management. Giving up drives before the end of the first half.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Getting away from the option doesn’t explain 3+ years of ****ty defense, no discipline. All the procedural penalties. The basics in blocking punts and field goals. The horrible clock management. Giving up drives before the end of the first half.
I think the whole getting away from the option argument has been over-blown. We just saw Georgia Southern beat Nebraska at Nebraska with Clay Helton throwing the ball around the field. CGC was just using it as an excuse to keep his job and we all bought in to it. If CGC was competent at all, we would have gone bowling already

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I think the whole getting away from the option argument has been over-blown. We just saw Georgia Southern beat Nebraska at Nebraska with Clay Helton throwing the ball around the field. CGC was just using it as an excuse to keep his job and we all bought in to it. If CGC was competent at all, we would have gone bowling already

I remember watching Randall Cobb single-handedly win games for a pretty bad Kentucky team because the coaches were creative in getting him the ball. With how mediocre the ACC coastal has been, I still think a good coach could have managed 6 wins last year when he still had Gibbs.

The most damning thing for the transition narrative is Collins actually did recruit as advertised early on. He had talent pretty quickly. His gameday coaching is just unbelievably bad.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Not really directed at you, personally, but a lot of y'all need to work on recognizing bull**** artists. In all areas of life.
No, we didn't "all" buy into it.
I just mostly kept my mouth shut, because there was nothing I could do to change the hire, and ultimately I hoped he (Tech) succeeded in spite of his obvious douchebaggery and bull**** artistry.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

IMO, that's the most d@mning aspect of CGC's tenure. He made his reputation on his defensive prowess...but he's been worse on defense than the much maligned Ted Roof. Think about that. That's like hiring CPJ but his offenses failing to the bottom of college football rankings. CPJ wasn't the best recruiter, but his offenses were often in the top 30 for OFEI, with multiple years in the top 15-20.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Not really directed at you, personally, but a lot of y'all need to work on recognizing bull**** artists. In all areas of life.
No, we didn't "all" buy into it.
I just mostly kept my mouth shut, because there was nothing I could do to change the hire, and ultimately I hoped he (Tech) succeeded in spite of his obvious douchebaggery and bull**** artistry.
"all" was referring in general to the fanbase at large. I know there were people that saw through this at the beginning and kudos to them. A lot of them have been sticking to their guns on this board since 2019 when they first voiced their dispeasure.

I thought the transition would be something difficult for us to do. I saw what Van Gorder and GA southern struggled with when they tried to transition and thought it would apply to us. I did think that the transition could have been softened to a degree but CGC opted to rip the band-aid off in 2019 by making players do what they weren't recruited to do at all. I really don't agree with that part. That is an old-school way of thinking. Even coaches in the NFL mold their system to the players (Lamar Jackson, Kaepernick on the 49ers, etc).

While I thought the trasition would be tough, I really didn't like the way CGC trashed CPJ's legacy, built up talk of the transition. That could have been handled much better. Someone obviously told CGC that because he has been mum on the transition item all year