DC Hire

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Since we have a thread for the OC... Is CGC bringing Andrew Thacker with him or someone with GT ties?

Last edited:

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
His scheme doesn't match what Collins runs, so I assume CNW is being told to find another job if possible before we fire him.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Is the bringing Johnson thing based in any verifiable facts? It seems to be the 'wisdom' of the crowd right now.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I find it hard to imagine a defensive HC like Collins wouldn't want a hand-picked DC to run his schemes, so as much as I think Woody is a very good DC I just don't see him sticking around. I have no idea how well their preferred play styles and schemes would mesh, but the odds for it working out are pretty slim. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the defensive position coaches stayed, though (although maybe not coach Wood, as he's definitely a Nate Woody guy).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I will be upset if CNW leaves. He has done some great things here. I am ready to see what his year 2 stuff looks like.

Great things is an overstatement. I liked what he was doing with the DL.

Having to start from scratch again on that side isn’t good. New scheme again, new terminology, more of the same problems all over aflgain with regard to that. To make matters worse...we lose a lot of vets on that side also.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I will be upset if CNW leaves. He has done some great things here. I am ready to see what his year 2 stuff looks like.
I would think he is the kind of guy that will land on his feet. I hate to see him go but I was also surprised to see him passed over by Satterfield as D.C. at Louisville as Satterfield brought his current DC wig him from APP STATE. Wonder if that was a vote of confidence in the new guy or throwing sand in the eyes of Woody for leaving App State without him last year?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I said it in the coach thread, wasn’t NW under contract for 2 years?
If he doesn’t take another job, we will owe him that money. Might as well keep him as a position coach if it’s a sunken cost, then replace him next year.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It seems that linebackers have flourished under Collins, so I'm excited to see what kind of development he can give our young talent there. If he can get a first team All-ACC caliber linebacker to come to GT, that could really change the defense.