Coaches on the Hot Seat

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a fairly typical Foley hire. If you look at most of his hires at FL, they are generally young and/or not alot of experience. Some times it has worked out really well, sometimes not so much.

Foley certainly went against the grain of what most of the SEC schools were doing - though he still gave him a $2M contract. This will end up either being a great hire or a bad hire.
FL's program is not in great shape right now so he is going to have to rebuild it some.

He was #4 on my list.

RamblinRed

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unless we raise the money or ride out the storm, Miller or Mack will be difficult to land. They'll likely be comped similarly to Shaka, which is around $3MM/year. Difficult to do in any situation for us, impossible while on the hook for BG & Hewitt.

Other new candidates will arise in the meantime. We're playing one this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm hoping Prohm's strong GA ties make him a logical candidate.

White has already announced he is bringing 2 of his assts from LA Tech and will bring the third if he is not given the La Tech job. I bring this up because Billy Schmidt left GT last season for FL - which certainly sounds like a better move - but now the assts at GT are still here and he has to look for a job. I do think Herrion is a significant upgrade as a recruiter from Schmidt - not as sure about game day.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm now on board with facing reality that BG will be here for at least 2 more years. WILL WADE IN 2017!