Coach Thacker just turned down the Oregeon DC Job.

Milwaukee

Banned
Looks like KQ was right...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No he wasn't. They reached out to Thacker about the position with an offer in hand and he said no. So naturally they didn't submit the paperwork, aka "official offer". KQ is a scam for people that wanna pay 9 bucks a month for stuff that hardcore fans already know. Not even knocking his hustle, just knocking you if you think there's value to what he does.

You're welcome.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan is arguing with some other dude on twitter tonight, too. He is in a mood, probably because he has to cover a GT-Pitt basketball game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The "reporter" that The Athletic has assigned to our beat is a joke.

No, Tori writes some top notch stories and articles for our football and basketball team. I get that KQ does more "reporting" and he does some good work for what his site tries to do, but Tori's work is different and shouldn't be diminished. She writes some GREAT human interests pieces that's actually some of the best and consistent work about our coaches and SAs that's been done in some time.

KQ and Tori have different styles. I don't have a rivals or scout membership, but I do have a subscription to the Athletic, and it's worth every penny.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
No he wasn't. They reached out to Thacker about the position with an offer in hand and he said no. So naturally they didn't submit the paperwork, aka "official offer". KQ is a scam for people that wanna pay 9 bucks a month for stuff that hardcore fans already know. Not even knocking his hustle, just knocking you if you think there's value to what he does.

You're welcome.

You believe they "offered" based on what? The Athletic "reporter" tweeted that her source said he was offered and turned it down, then she tweeted that another source told her it wasn't true. It looks like she heard something and tweeted it out as quickly as she could without any confirmation. I can't say whether he was or wasn't offered the position. I am certainly not willing to base a belief on a quickly tweeted rumor that the original tweeter now says isn't true based on other sources.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Reasons to stay in Atlanta......

Atlanta warm winters.....
Oregon....wet.

Ga income tax rate - 6%
Oregon income tax rate -9.9%

You may not realize it but it’s been wet as hell here in Ga. this winter. The ground is a giant soppy sponge.

Then again....that’s still better than the blizzards and feet of snow the northwest has gotten....so your point stands.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck

You're welcome.
KQ is a mutt. How did he ever get this job?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No, Tori writes some top notch stories and articles for our football and basketball team. I get that KQ does more "reporting" and he does some good work for what his site tries to do, but Tori's work is different and shouldn't be diminished. She writes some GREAT human interests pieces that's actually some of the best and consistent work about our coaches and SAs that's been done in some time.

KQ and Tori have different styles. I don't have a rivals or scout membership, but I do have a subscription to the Athletic, and it's worth every penny.

Tori is an actual sports-writer, as is Ken. The recruiting insider guys are just something different.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Reasons to stay in Atlanta......

Atlanta warm winters.....
Oregon....wet.

Ga income tax rate - 6%
Oregon income tax rate -9.9%
But Oregon has 0% sales tax, so that helps offset the difference in income tax. Not that I want to get into a discussion about taxes. Plus the Oregon Coast is super pretty in the summer and pretty green most of the year. If you haven’t been, I’d highly recommend taking a trip there.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck

I didn't care for her at first. Newer articles seem better, and we're getting a good supply of them (basketball, too). I get the impression she needed to get to know the people she was covering.

FYI - she's a dwag, too. Maybe that had something to do with my initial opinion, but it's not like Tech is producing journalism majors...

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Just to remind everyone, Thacker’s original hometown is just up the road in Cartersville, Georgia. So he has lots of family and friends in and around those parts.
He went to hs at North Forsyth and Gainesville. Has more friends and family in those parts. Step-dad is former gainesville coach Bruce Miller, who probably will be a ghsa HOFer. But it's good that he has contacts in both the NW and NE parts of the state.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't care for her at first. Newer articles seem better, and we're getting a good supply of them (basketball, too). I get the impression she needed to get to know the people she was covering.

FYI - she's a dwag, too. Maybe that had something to do with my initial opinion, but it's not like Tech is producing journalism majors...
I'm not requested our beat writers be gt grads, but c'mon. Any other affiliation to any other school other than our arch rival uga is all I'm asking for.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Jeez, people need to lighten up on Tori. She writes a lot of really great pieces, the latest assistant coach articles (and the Patrick Suddes Q&A) were very interesting. The idiots on Twitter are brutal with some thinly veiled sexism. Folks need to let go of their biases with her, everything she's put out has been quality so far. She's gets too much crap for being a UGA grad.

Back to the OP, I don't feel like she would tweet that out unless she was confident in her source, especially since she rarely "breaks news" like that. That said, she's been on the job for about 6 months, so I think she was doomed either way. Whether the sources were right or not about an offer or conversations, she's too new to the game to hold much credibility. Still think it makes Quinlan look bad to dump on her like that, but he butts heads with about everyone he competes with. He even got pissed with Eric when GTSwarm broke the Patrick Skov transfer news.

crut

Helluva Engineer

You're welcome.

Lots to dissect here.

1. Are you saying you know Thacker was offered (minus the paperwork) or are just postulating?
2. Kelly absolutely lets his emotions get the best of him, and especially shows it on Twitter. He far to often gets defensive when he doesn't need to be, and snaps at people when he should just keep his mouth shut. He likes to view himself as the ultimate GT news source so whenever he isn't the first to break something or know something he gets insecure about it. It's annoying, and it makes him look bad. He has to realize he can get better at his job, but he's not always going to win.
3. However, that doesn't take away the fact that he absolutely is not running a scam. He has built relationships with staff, with the entire Rivals network, and high level GT donors that gives him insight into Georgia Tech athletics that I find is greatly worth my time. It is fully worth the money due to the inside info he is able to share, especially with football (not so much with basketball).
Not even knocking you, just knocking anyone who thinks there isn't value in what Kelly Quinlan does ;)