Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
@MWBATL hit the high points. Couple of things I heard that I will add…
Along with the story of him not having a working key card, he said he entered through the training area and was there with several of the players who all acted very nervous to see him and be around him. He was asked to come back another time and replied that he wouldn’t be coming back. Generally very upset about the way TFG and GT (at the time)treated him in the wake of it all.
Funny given the moniker that touched off so many issues here… there were several references to the program under TFG being a “circus.”
Told story about a coach calling him after beating us the first year under TFG and saying that he told his team “congratulations, you just beat a team that physically kicked your A** the last three years.”
Probably referring to VT. We had won 3 in a row, then they came to BDS in 2019 and gave us a 45-0 beatdown.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know which team went into the flex bone formation to score at the end of a game to rub it in on tfg? I remember it happening but don’t recall which team it was. Unfortunately it would take forever to go back through all the games we lost under tfg.
There were so many teams scoring so many TDs against TFG that it would probably be impossible to figure out which team it was.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Probably referring to VT. We had won 3 in a row, then they came to BDS in 2019 and gave us a 45-0 beatdown.
Worst game I've ever seen live. 2023 ol miss is second.

Interview with CPJ

Interesting...lots of things I did not know
Interesting....most under valued description ever. That was Hulk Hogan leg dropping on the Iron Sheik to win the belt...we all knew it was coming, just didn't know when. I guess CPJ is just out of $%@*# to give. He gave his home location... and if anyone of us plays a round of golf up there, leave some GT love from the fans up there.

Let's make sure this interview doesn't get out to uncheat until after we wipe the floor with them.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
CPJ also mentioned he wasn't upset with Key, but Key wasn't innocent of criticizing the CPJ regime. Specifically brought up Key's quote "easier to recruit GT than Alabama" comment - though that wasn't a direct criticism per se. Hopefully the CPJ night vs UNC was the start of rebuilding that bridge. I hate to have him missing from the program.

I honeslty think key's quote wasn't a stab at CPJ and more typical key off the cuff counter to what the reporter was asking him. Bama actually is hard to recruit OL because there are so few 5 star OL to go around and honeslty everyones paying.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Part of me doesn’t want to dwell on this and part of me really wants to hear the story he declined to tell from the father of one of our OL. :D
I feel pretty certain there is nothing constructive / productive there, but morbid curiosity.
All of these stories taken together makes me wonder how in the world we ended up with TFG. Also wonder how much / why OLeary recommended him. Was that embellished to sell him to the fan base?

GT33

Helluva Engineer

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I honeslty think key's quote wasn't a stab at CPJ and more typical key off the cuff counter to what the reporter was asking him. Bama actually is hard to recruit OL because there are so few 5 star OL to go around and honeslty everyones paying.
He did comment that Key was on Collins' staff which put him into that cast of characters. In Key's defense, he has cleaned out the prior staff. It's a miracle Key didn't leave during the Collins era.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sheesh, CPJ went in. All I keep thinking as I read the quotes is ....

Florida Lead GIF