CJ Leggett update

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Is anyone else concerned with a turnover on the mesh or Thomas getting killed because of missed block or blocking the wrong guy?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are you saying CJ's game time will be scripted? This make since as I wonder if Snoddy's plays are scripted as I have not seen him block.

Declinometer

Banned
Are you saying CJ's game time will be scripted? This make since as I wonder if Snoddy's plays are scripted as I have not seen him block.
Of course they are. It's not a coincidence that CP is the lead blocker so often. I'm not sure you call it scripted but it's definitely having players in the right position.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If CJ isn't ready and is only getting carries after Days and Conners, then why play him unless something happens to Days. I hope we can get up early and keep him on the sideline. How many attempts will he get if he behind the other two. I don't want to burn a red shirt just to carry the ball a couple of times. Plus I think that ZL will be back this season.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
My thinking about the redshirt "burn it durn it".
I look at players as people I would have working for me.
If I didn't think you were capable of getting the job completed satisfactorly, I wouldn't hire you.
Same thing with coaching and players.
We should have enough confidence in the people who have day to day interactions with these players to make sure the player is well versed in his assignment.
We learn by our mistakes. .....
Let the learning for CJ begin today.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My thinking about the redshirt "burn it durn it".
I look at players as people I would have working for me.
If I didn't think you were capable of getting the job completed satisfactorly, I wouldn't hire you.
Same thing with coaching and players.
We should have enough confidence in the people who have day to day interactions with these players to make sure the player is well versed in his assignment.
We learn by our mistakes. .....
Let the learning for CJ begin today.
Well, you probably know better than I but there are some jobs that you get hired for that you still need training, certification and trips to that conference where quality control guidelines are cemented in to the consciousness of the employee. Hope playing CJ is not like throwing the guy onto your most important account before he even knows the right codes to use.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
You can always redshirt him later...Right?

We played Bostic as a true freshman, then redshirted him the next year. Or does that only work in cases of injury?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is kinda hard to square with PJ's earlier comment that he will not burn the redshirt for four plays a game. I have a lot of confidence in Days, but I am excited about the prospect of seeing CJ today. I guess we'll know in a few hours!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Many players start game one as freshman and we are halfway through the year. Certainly there are risks but that goes both ways. He could have an incredible rs senior year or forgo that year to go pro or suffer a season ending injury his final year etc. To me, if the coaches think he is needed now, put him in.