Chris Eubanks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I haven't really watched much of Eubanks up until this run, but he's got a top tier forehand. Absolutely incredible how elite world class level players flail when Eubanks gets to square up and hit that forehand. What a weapon for him.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't really watched much of Eubanks up until this run, but he's got a top tier forehand. Absolutely incredible how elite world class level players flail when Eubanks gets to square up and hit that forehand. What a weapon for him.
Speak of the devil. Feeling it right now.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Medvedev's serve coming to life in the 4th set. Almost too easy for him right now.

Eubanks needs to figure out that serve. Points are getting a LOT harder for Eubanks in the 4th set after pretty much controlling the 2nd and 3rd set.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Medvedev's serve coming to life in the 4th set. Almost too easy for him right now.

Eubanks needs to figure out that serve. Points are getting a LOT harder for Eubanks in the 4th set after pretty much controlling the 2nd and 3rd set.
Just seeing score; not able to watch.
Looks like the close loss in the 4th took the wind out of his sails. Hell of a run, but it will take a Herculean effort now...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just seeing score; not able to watch.
Looks like the close loss in the 4th took the wind out of his sails. Hell of a run, but it will take a Herculean effort now...

Medvedev made some adjustments and Eubanks just couldn't figure out how to answer those adjustments.

Eubanks has some elite level tools (forehand, serve, and one handed backhand). Hopefully he learns from this one and continues this form going forward. If you watch Eubanks play, it's hard to fathom how he went this long without this kind of showing before.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Medvedev made some adjustments and Eubanks just couldn't figure out how to answer those adjustments.

Eubanks has some elite level tools (forehand, serve, and one handed backhand). Hopefully he learns from this one and continues this form going forward. If you watch Eubanks play, it's hard to fathom how he went this long without this kind of showing before.
The margin of error at these levels in so small. These guys put in so much time and effort. Just incredible to see guys like him succeed after being stuck for so long.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

That, and I think he just ran out of steam. Both were tired, and both were showing it - but Medvedev had the mileage to last it out. It seemed like Eubanks needed to win it in the 4th or lose it.

That being said, great to see this young man succeed, and see his representation of Georgia Tech. Loved seeing the Braves/GT hat he continually wears, not just as a player, but also as an analyst for the Tennis Channel.

Hope to see a lot more of him. My wife is a tennis nut, and was very impressed watching him.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
If you watch Eubanks play, it's hard to fathom how he went this long without this kind of showing before.
The primary reason I can think of, which was essentially corroborated in Eubanks’ post-loss interview today, is his lack of experience playing top-tier tennis talent. He just hadn’t been exposed to it much, and didn’t have the confidence he could compete with them. As I’m sure you know, he wasn’t playing the best young global tennis talent in the NCAA.

But I think the overarching theme you’re getting at, and what most are saying, is it’s obvious he’s here to stay. His talent can and will transfer, because he has legitimate talent. Now the mental part has caught up. And now, he’ll have even more resources to improve his game than he’s ever had. I’m hoping Ollie Schniederjans has a similar career resurgence, although his lack of professional success has been more due to physical health rather than getting over that mental hurdle.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I started watching him at the Mallorca when he got to the semis. I didn't get to watch much of his Wimbledon play but his biggest weakness that can be worked on is his emotional self-control. Perhaps that wasn't on display at wimbledon but that should come with more experience on these bigger stages.

Now he also needs to put GT logo's on his gear bag in well-placed but subtle locations for the world to see.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I enjoyed his interview before his semi final match. A very intelligent and thoughtful young man. I think I read that he turned pro before he finished. I really hope he comes back and finishes his degree at some point.